Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Upgrading from version 3083

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

falkunmalti
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR200
Operating System: Windows 10, Raspberry pi

Re: Upgrading from version 3083

Post by falkunmalti »

Paul
Good progress. I upgraded to 3141 first and then 3160. My station connects and displays the correct information on the Dashboard. But two problems remain. First, the Station and Internet tabs on Settings do not open up even if I click on the down arrow. All the other tabs open fine. I had this problem earlier and then it cleared up on its own.

Second, the wxnow file is not getting updated every minute. I haD to manually edit the Cumulus.ini file to set the three values to 1. But that did not fix it. This evidently is independent of the display on the dashboard because those numbers are changing correctly. I rebooted several times and restarted CMX many times but no change.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Re the settings screens, please clear your browser cache and try again.

For the wxnow issue, switch on debug logging, let it run for a while and then post your MXdiags file.
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Hi

I stopped then started CMX and ran it for about 30 min. Attached is the mxdiags, I searched for wxnow and no hits. Please note that Station Settings and internet settings do not populate when I open them. All other tabs on settings do. Since I could not set internet settings, I manually edited Cumulus.ini to add the wxnow parameters but the wxnow file does not update.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

You really need to get the settings screens sorted out - without them it is going to be difficult to manage Cumulus going forward.

I've lost track now, but have you tried opening the pages on a device you haven't used to look at them before?

As far as I can see your station is not sending any wind data. So the No Sensor check option is kicking in and preventing any periodic processing taking place.
falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

mcrossley, thanks for this. Re the settings screen, I have used a in-private session and it works fine. So I will flush the cache and it should be fine.

My wind gauge is notorious for dropping out. Is there some way I can disable the no sensor check. Is this what is causing the problem of the wxnow file not being created? I should mention that when I was running 3083, the wxnow file worked properly as far as I could see. I need the wxnow file for my tnc software to send the weather on the RF net.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

My wind gauge is notorious for dropping out. Is there some way I can disable the no sensor check.
Enable it in Station Settings > Common Options > Sensor check: [tick] No sensor check

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

falkunmalti

Post by falkunmalti »

Thanks Paul. Did that and it works now. WXnow gets updated and clearing the cache has fixed the other problem. Thanks to all of you for the help getting this done. I REALLY appreciate it.