Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New Install No History download - Solved

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

avpman
Weather Station: davis
Operating System: Linux Pi

New Install No History download - Solved

Post by avpman »

NOOB here, so please have mercy on me.

I have a Davis WLL account, and a local Davis Weatherlink 6100. My WLL (pro) account has all the history since I installed the VantagePro. How can I get that history downloaded into my new CMX install?

Also, I'm confused why CMX asks for the IP of my device (I'm assuming its for the local WLL 6100?) and also the authentication for the Weatherlink Live website. I'm probably confused what the IP addy is for. :?
Last edited by avpman on Sat 04 Dec 2021 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: New Install No History download

Post by freddie »

The IP address of your (local) WLL is so CumulusMX can find it on the network to download live data from it.

The authentication for the (remote) WLL is so that CumulusMX can download historic data as that is where it is stored.

To force CumulusMX to download historic data I think you have to set the start date in the Cumulus.ini file to the date of the start date of the data you have stored in WLL service. A fresh install of CumulusMX will set that date to today's date. You also need a Davis WLL Pro account to access and download your historic data.
Freddie
avpman
Weather Station: davis
Operating System: Linux Pi

Re: New Install No History download

Post by avpman »

Thanks, that did it!