Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

This is why I hate upgrading

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Vegit8
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 10

This is why I hate upgrading

Post by Vegit8 »

Today I bit the bullet and upgraded from 3107 to 3154.

I copied all the new files into my old directory, overwriting all that had changed.
Those in MX Utils, Interface, and in Root.
I also overwrote all the web files from the web folder.

On restart everything seems to be OK - no errors.

However when I look at my site in particular the gauges page http://www.geoffwebber.co.uk/weather/gauges-ss.htm I find that this is not updating.
The realtimegauges text file is in the same place that it always used to be, and the data is current.
Data on the home page (index.htm) is also not updating.
Oddly data in the charts DOES show up to date info....

Anyone any ideas what might be going on here please.

MX diags here ->
realtimegauges.txt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: This is why I hate upgrading

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
A whole lot of changes in the last 12 months... Including how the standard template files are updated started in build 3115. See the changes in the Updates.txt file included in the latest download.
It seems you have modified the previous standard template files so you will have to decide if you want to use the legacy webfiles or the new default webfiles.

It seems that your realtime.txt and realtimegauges.txt are not recently updated i.e. http://www.geoffwebber.co.uk/weather/realtime.txt
Check if in Internet Settings > Interval Configuration > Realtime Interval Settings the realtime.txt and realtimegauges.txt are [ticked] to Generate and FTP transfer.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

Vegit8

Post by Vegit8 »

PaulMy wrote: Mon 22 Nov 2021 5:22 pm It seems you have modified the previous standard template files so you will have to decide if you want to use the legacy webfiles or the new default webfiles.

Check if in Internet Settings > Interval Configuration > Realtime Interval Settings the realtime.txt and realtimegauges.txt are [ticked] to Generate and FTP transfer.
Hi Paul
For some reason those two settings had not been inherited from my previous cumulus.ini - everything else was OK.

EXCEPT - my landing page (index.htm) doesnt seem to be updating.
Nor today.htm for that matter.
I'm guessing the data comes from the same file, I just cannot work out which one, and why it is not updating...
I have tried refreshing the page, and loading on different browsers (in case there was caching).

AAAH...... Having spent ages looking through the wiki I have come across this... https://cumuluswiki.org/a/New_Default_W ... nformation
Looks like I will have to spend do the upgrade to the 'All new site' and then reconfigure afterwards again.
Mapantz
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Vegit8 wrote: Tue 23 Nov 2021 9:41 am AAAH...... Having spent ages looking through the wiki I have come across this... https://cumuluswiki.org/a/New_Default_W ... nformation
Looks like I will have to spend do the upgrade to the 'All new site' and then reconfigure afterwards again.
You'll be pleased once you have set up the new website. It's a nice looking template and your system won't be updating multiple web pages anymore, just the data instead. Well worth spending time going through that process. :)
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Vegit8 wrote: Tue 23 Nov 2021 9:41 am Looks like I will have to spend do the upgrade to the 'All new site' and then reconfigure afterwards again.
Mapantz wrote: Tue 23 Nov 2021 11:34 am You'll be pleased once you have set up the new website. It's a nice looking template and your system won't be updating multiple web pages anymore, just the data instead. Well worth spending time going through that process. :)
You don't *have* to update to the new site, the old one will continue to work, if you follow the Wiki and add the pages to be processed to your Extra Web Files.
But as @Mapantz says it is probably worth the effort to make the switch.
Vegit8

Post by Vegit8 »

mcrossley wrote: Tue 23 Nov 2021 2:44 pm You don't *have* to update to the new site, the old one will continue to work, if you follow the Wiki and add the pages to be processed to your Extra Web Files.
Thanks Mark
Yes - I need to have a good look at the new template as mentioned in the WiKi andf then think about how / if I need to modify it at all..
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Yes - I need to have a good look at the new template as mentioned in the WiKi andf then think about how / if I need to modify it at all..
You may already have seen the new default website but here is an example http://www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/
Of course it can be modified by you like you did for your existing, and there are also some variations as noted in the Wiki.

As an extension of the new default webfiles, Neil has also developed an alternate local Dashboard to the included default. This has various themes to change the colours and menu layout.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm