Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Adding Extra Sensor Data to Main Website

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

dale
Weather Station: Ambient WS-5000
Operating System: Windows 11

Adding Extra Sensor Data to Main Website

Post by dale »

The Wiki seems to be a bit out of date regarding templates and how they work. From looking at the web page sources it appears that only two templates actually exist now: websitedataT.json and realtimegaugesT.txt. it then appears that the main index.htm page (and others) use data-cmxdata fields to extract the current info from websitedata.json.

Is this correct? Is this documented somewhere that I've missed?

Does this mean that if I wish to display some extra sensors, I should modify websitedataT.json in the CMX installation as well as the file (e.g. index.htm) on the website, to get data like <#ExtraTemp1> displayed? Is there a better (or different, preferred) way to do this?