Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

SQL Custom Upload Question

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

SQL Custom Upload Question

Post by Mapantz »

Is it possible for CMX to insert data in to two different table names at the same interval?

I had an idea I wanted to try out, but I am already using seconds/minutes interval in the custom uploads.
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Re: SQL Custom Upload Question

Post by BigOkie »

Mapantz wrote: Mon 18 Oct 2021 2:39 pm Is it possible for CMX to insert data in to two different table names at the same interval?

I had an idea I wanted to try out, but I am already using seconds/minutes interval in the custom uploads.
I don't think it would be CMX's function to do this; if you're using a custom can you string two insert statements into the same command? I don't know. Now I need to research this. Not saying this couldn't be done but it's not up to CMX I would think. It's up to MySQL and the ability to concatenate insert statements to do this.

EDIT: It appears you can't do this (concatenate insert commands) however you do it as a transaction. I'm sure that keeping the semicolons where they need to be for this could work, but I don't have enough tables to do this. Here's what I found as an example:

Code: Select all

BEGIN;
INSERT INTO users (username, password)
  VALUES('test', 'test');
INSERT INTO profiles (userid, bio, homepage) 
  VALUES(LAST_INSERT_ID(),'Hello world!', 'http://www.stackoverflow.com');
COMMIT;
Don't use line breaks and just make it all one line keeping the semicolons where they are and I would think it could work.

It would look something like this:

Code: Select all

BEGIN; INSERT INTO users (username, password) VALUES('test', 'test'); INSERT INTO profiles (userid, bio, homepage) VALUES(LAST_INSERT_ID(),'Hello world!', 'http://www.stackoverflow.com'); COMMIT;
picca
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Debian 11

Post by picca »

What about using mysql trigger (https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en ... igger.html)?

If you use phpMyAdmin to manage your mysql database you can use "Trigger" function:

For example...
AFTER "Realtime" get updated -> INSERT new data in "Lastime" table.

(Sorry for my bad english)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

You can just put two insert statements in the Custom SQL field - just make sure you put a semi-colon after the first statement and before the second.
I used to do that, I had an Insert and a Delete in the Custom SQL field.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

mcrossley wrote: Mon 18 Oct 2021 3:58 pm You can just put two insert statements in the Custom SQL field - just make sure you put a semi-colon after the first statement and before the second.
That is exactly what I do for my ExtraRealtime table that contains my grass temperature and depth temperature from my Ecowitt sensors. it does work.
Freddie
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

mcrossley wrote: Mon 18 Oct 2021 3:58 pm You can just put two insert statements in the Custom SQL field - just make sure you put a semi-colon after the first statement and before the second.
Bingo!

Working a treat.

Thank you for the replies.