Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX new version update

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

raul_sbd
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10

Cumulus MX new version update

Post by raul_sbd »

Hey guys!

This probably has been replied before... but when updating to an MX new version do you copy all the files and folders from the new version or you need to exclude \data and \reports?

Up to now I was excluding them when copy across over all the folders and files to my local MX folder but now I cannot seem to locate those \data \reports folders on the newest MX up to date version

I used to copy only files and not copy across any folder.. so a bit confuse of what is the correct way to update.

Thanks for your help

Raul
My Weather Site Sale M33 (Uk)

http://raulsbd.co.uk/index.htm
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Cumulus MX new version update

Post by freddie »

A quick skim of the release notes for release 3.13.3 build 3148 says that the data and reports folders are no longer included in the distribution zip file. Therefore you can copy across the whole data and reports folders from your old installation now rather than just the contents.
Freddie
Smugdruggler
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Raspbian (Buster)

Post by Smugdruggler »

Hi,

I have upgraded my installation of CumulusMX version 3.13.3 b3148 to b3149 by first stopping CumulusMX (I am running this on a Raspberry Pi running Raspian Buster) and copying the contents of the "CumulusMXDist3149.zip" over my existing installation then restarting CumulusMX. However although the Cumulus web page shows "Cumulus MX 3.13.3 b3149" the "Upgrade available" message is still flashing.

I have rebooted to Raspberry Pi but the result is the same. Does anyone have any idea why the upgrade does not appear to be working?

Thanks

Mike.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Please post your latest MXdiags log file
Smugdruggler

Post by Smugdruggler »

Hi,

Hopefully I have attached two files. One is the Diags file and the other a screenshot showing the "Upgrade available" message and the current build"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

You are mis-reading the upgrade alarm. It appears on your interface together with a green dot as you have elected to be alerted when an upgrade is available. When an upgrade becomes available then the green dot will turn red and flash, and there will be an audible sound (if your system has speakers and if you have your volume unmuted) when you load the page in your browser.
Freddie
Smugdruggler

Post by Smugdruggler »

Many thanks Freddie.

I have been a programmer for many years and I have to say that had I written the code for this function I would have hidden the "Upgrade available" message completely until an upgrade was actually available but that's just me :D

Sorry to have wasted everyone's time.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Personally I think it is worth having a visual cue as to which alarms are enabled. A quick glance at your screen shows you only have one enabled and it is green.
SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Post by SamiS »

I think the basic problem is, that Cumulus 1 has the green blinking light to tell than a new record has been set. At least for me this similarity ”links” the green upgrade alarm light to a thought of an upgrade being available.

@Mark: What if you added an explanation below / beside the alarm lights, that green = enabled and red = alarm triggered?