Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Problems noticed after using Interface dayfile editor

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Problems noticed after using Interface dayfile editor

Post by freddie »

I noticed some erroneous "Total hours of sunshine" and "High solar rad" on my Interface graphs from the end of June and early July - I don't have any solar sensors so rarely look at this graph. I used the Interface dayfile editor to remove the readings. On each save I noticed a MySql error occuring - I didn't make a note of the precise error text, but wasn't too fussed as I can always manually delete the entries in the database table. I did this about 11:10 UTC today and moved onto doing other stuff (company tax return!). I didn't think anything was amiss (as I was still seeing data on the MX dashboard) until I got an email notification from WeatherCloud saying that my device had been offline since 11:10 UTC. Looking in the MXdiags file I could see repeated SQL errors since 11:10 UTC - referring to the CustomSqlSecs realtime statements, but containing queries from the regular realtime updates (i.e. NOT the custom ones that I have defined). No errors from WeatherCloud - just no WeatherCloud update log statements after 11:10 UTC. Similar for WOW, APRS, Windy, PWS, etc. Even generation of twitter.txt stopped (I wrote my own tweeting utility but fortunately included in it a check to see if twitter.txt has updated before actually tweeting).

I restarted MX once I noticed the errors in the MXdiags file, and all has returned to normal.

I can only think that the MySQL errors I saw during my use of the Interface dayfile editor triggered all sorts of problems for timed threads! Attached below is the MXdiags file.
20210926-103000.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Freddie
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Problems noticed after using Interface dayfile editor

Post by mcrossley »

Thanks, I'll get the day file editor SQL statement format fixed tonight, then take a look at why it was affecting the other uploads...
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Problems noticed after using Interface dayfile editor

Post by freddie »

Thanks Mark.
Freddie