Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Accessibility points

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Accessibility points

Post by freddie »

A couple of accessibility points from mdlawler. I'm pretty sure the first one has been discussed before, and I think that Michael needs the alt attribute set to "moon", as the percentage comes from elsewhere ... I think!
1. I'd like to see the alt attribute "moon" rather than just "" for the moon image so that it would speak moon visible x% to indicate that it is talking about the moon.
2. Could "LastRainTip":"<#LastRainTip format="HH:mm dd MMMM yyyy"">, be used if accessibility is checked? Since I can't look outside to see weather conditions knowing the last time it rained is useful, at least for the current day. If you don't want to do it that way you could use that format if it rained for the current day and the format without the time if it rained on a prior day.
Freddie
freddie

Re: Accessibility points

Post by freddie »

Michael says thanks for adding the moon alt attribute in b3149. He also asked me to ask about point 2 - the "last rain tip" time/date.
Freddie
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Sorry, I wasn't ignoring this - well I was in a way so it stayed unread and in my mind.

Glad the point 1 worked OK.

Point 2 would be fairly complex to implement because the format is determined outside MX itself, it is in the data file template which MX just processes like any other tag file.

So a quick fix for Michael would be for him to keep a customised copy of websitedataT.json

A wider fix would mean adding logic to the default web page JavaScript and comparing the last rained date against "now" and displaying in the appropriate format - whilst allowing for time zone differences between the client and server.
freddie

Post by freddie »

Thanks Mark. I've passed those on to Michael, and regarding point 2, that's exactly what he does - keeps his own websitedatat.json and copy it when it changes with new releases and then edit it.

Michael has raised some more points - mostly accessibility again:

1. When editing records for All Time Records, Monthly Records, This Months Records, and This Years Records when you click an item you get an edit field and what I've been told are a check mark and a x. The screen reader just calls these buttons. Can they be changed so that the screen reader knows what they are? Also what do these do?
2. For weather diary I can go to a date, but I can't press enter on it to edit for that date. You can see this with Narrator as it will allow you to arrow to the date, but then when you press enter it will say that there is no action.
3. What would you think about a download link for the upgrade in the alarm email and to just tell people to read updates.txt in the zip file before installing?

Thanks again.
Freddie