Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

NOAA Report Problem

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

griffo42
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 11 Home

NOAA Report Problem

Post by griffo42 »

Please help.

I ran release b.3143 with out any problems then on my return from holiday I installed release b.3147. Since this latest installation on 18 September, I have found that the NOAA Report is not updating. For verification of this go to my website at https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.htm and then choose reports.

Attached is a zip of a very recent MXDiags file which covers the day change at midnight.
20210923-152724.zip
Also attached is a snapshop of the NOAA settings that I have at the moment.
NOAA Setting Options.jpg
Thanks

Keith
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: NOAA Report Problem

Post by PaulMy »

Hi Keith,
It seems you are sharing files from one install to the other. And haven't quite understood your setup of /cumx and /mxtestv2

Your /cumx site is only showing NOAA Year report for 2021 and can't find the files for the months or other years. And in the noaarpts.js it has

Code: Select all

let rptPath = '/[b]mxtestv2[/b]/NOAA-reports/';

I don't think you need the starting /

From MXdiags

2021-09-24 00:00:10.222 FTP[Int]: Uploading NOAA reports
2021-09-24 00:00:10.238 FTP[Int]: Uploading Reports\NOAAMO0921.txt to public_html/mxtestv2/NOAA-reports//NOAAMO0921.txttmp
2021-09-24 00:00:10.394 FTP[250]: Renaming public_html/CUHWS/realtime.txttmp to public_html/CUHWS/realtime.txt
2021-09-24 00:00:11.347 FTP[250]: Renamed public_html/CUHWS/realtime.txttmp
2021-09-24 00:00:11.347 Realtime[250]: Uploading extra web file[15] C:\CumulusMX\fire\IDQ10605.xml to public_html/fire/IDQ10605.xml
2021-09-24 00:00:11.363 FTP[250]: Uploading C:\CumulusMX\fire\IDQ10605.xml to public_html/fire/IDQ10605.xmltmp
2021-09-24 00:00:11.456 FTP[Int]: Uploaded Reports\NOAAMO0921.txt
2021-09-24 00:00:11.706 FTP[Int]: Renaming public_html/mxtestv2/NOAA-reports//NOAAMO0921.txttmp to public_html/mxtestv2/NOAA-reports//NOAAMO0921.txt
Note the double // ...NOAA-reports//NOAAMO0921

I wonder if your settings of public_html/mxtestv2/NOAA-reports/ needs that trailing "/". Mine does not.
Your mxtestv2 site is showing all the years and months but as you say stops at Sep 18 so likely that extra / causing the failure to update.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

You also seem to have the local copy of the NOAA reports copying to the source folder? - C:\CumulusMX\Reports - though it does not look like you have enabled local copy so that may not matter.

And BTW, you have some issues with your September log file...

Error at line 4848 of data\Sep21log.txt : Input string was not in a correct format.
 Error at line 5195 of data\Sep21log.txt : Input string was not in a correct format.
These are preventing your NOAA monthly report being created properly.

Your MySQL user does not have permissions to insert into the database...

DoLogFile: Error encountered during MySQL operation = Access denied for user 'kstwx197'
As Paul pointed out you do not need the trailing "/" on the FTP folder, but that should not normally affect the upload.

Your extra files upload the NOAA reports seems to have "Process" enabled - that should be disabled, there are no web tags embedded in the reports to process.
griffo42
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

Hi Paul and Mark. Thanks for your replies. I have spent some time getting to grips with what the scripts are doing
PaulMy wrote: Fri 24 Sep 2021 2:53 pm ...
Note the double // ...NOAA-reports//NOAAMO0921

I wonder if your settings of public_html/mxtestv2/NOAA-reports/ needs that trailing "/". Mine does not.
Your mxtestv2 site is showing all the years and months but as you say stops at Sep 18 so likely that extra / causing the failure to update.
Thanks Paul, mine did not need the trailing "/". Now fixed.

mcrossley wrote: Fri 24 Sep 2021 5:13 pm You also seem to have the local copy of the NOAA reports copying to the source folder? - C:\CumulusMX\Reports - though it does not look like you have enabled local copy so that may not matter.
I have now changed the NOAA Report settings to Auto FTP NOAA report files to my cumx/Reports folder and have pointed the noaareports script of my MXUI site to the cumx/Reports folder. That is now sorted and working.
mcrossley wrote: Fri 24 Sep 2021 5:13 pm And BTW, you have some issues with your September log file...

Error at line 4848 of data\Sep21log.txt : Input string was not in a correct format.
Error at line 5195 of data\Sep21log.txt : Input string was not in a correct format.

I deleted the lines cited above and all is working. What exercises my mind in this is: What causes a line of "NUL" characters to be created? Perhaps you may care to comment on that.
mcrossley wrote: Fri 24 Sep 2021 5:13 pm Your MySQL user does not have permissions to insert into the database...

DoLogFile: Error encountered during MySQL operation = Access denied for user 'kstwx197'
Re the SQL problem, I have simply disabled this facility. I really can't see why this doesn't work as all the username/password/ other parameters seem to be correct in the cumulus.ini file. Perhaps, implementing this is a job for another time.

In examining my recent MXdiags files, I note that the AWEKAS transfers seem to always show an error. All appears good at the AWEKAS end.

Do either/both on you examine your diags files on a continuous basis?

again, thanks for your help.

Keith
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

griffo42 wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 5:45 am
mcrossley wrote: Fri 24 Sep 2021 5:13 pm And BTW, you have some issues with your September log file...

I deleted the lines cited above and all is working. What exercises my mind in this is: What causes a line of "NUL" characters to be created? Perhaps you may care to comment on that.
An uncontrolled shutdown of MX - such as a powercut or the computer being forcibly powered down.
griffo42 wrote: Mon 27 Sep 2021 5:45 am
mcrossley wrote: Fri 24 Sep 2021 5:13 pm Your MySQL user does not have permissions to insert into the database...

Re the SQL problem, I have simply disabled this facility. I really can't see why this doesn't work as all the username/password/ other parameters seem to be correct in the cumulus.ini file. Perhaps, implementing this is a job for another time.
Have you looked at your user table in mysql to check that user kstwx197 is permitted to access the database from the host on which MX is running? In the user table you have columns Host and User. You should have a row where your kstwx197 user is listed against the IP address or hostname of the MX host. If this row is present then you need to look at whether the user has been granted insert privileges on the Cumulus tables.
Freddie