Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

NOAA files not uploading to web page

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

DanielF
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue, serial logger
Operating System: Win10Pro64

NOAA files not uploading to web page

Post by DanielF »

Following earlier help from this forum, my CMX (default) web page is largely working correctly. But for some reason the NOAA reports are not being uploaded daily. I've checked and re-checked the paths specified in the Internet and NOAA settings pages, but it's just not happening. A few days ago I updated CMX to the latest version, and have enabled FTP logging.

Attached is an extract from the log I closed today – the part from just before the 9am daily rollover till the time I closed CMX to close the log.

As mentioned in earlier posts, I am not a web programmer, and have negligible understanding of HTML, Java(Script), etc, so would appreciate it very much if someone could explain to me in very simple ("layman's") terms what I need to do to fix this problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daniel
Gerroa ('paradise'), Australia
Gerroa weather
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Re: NOAA files not uploading to web page

Post by BigOkie »

Maybe the spaces in the Windows path part of the files is causing the error that it can't find the file? That's why I didn't put CMX (when I ran it on Windows) in the "Program Files (x86)" directory. I put it in a directory simply named "CumulusMX" in the root of C:\

You might try enclosing the entire pathname of the local file in the extra files section in double quotes to see if that helps.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

As you have installed in Program Files (not recommended). Are the source files actually there?

Eg does the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cumulus\web\realtimegaugesT.txttmp" actually exist?

I suspect not - that is the problem running from Program Files. You may find your files in "C:\ProgramData\Cumulus\web" or somewhere in your profile.
DanielF

Post by DanielF »

Sorry for my late response. I keep forgetting that this forum requires me to 'opt-in' to follow my own posts, rather than 'opt-out' as is common in most good forum software.

Thanks for your suggestions. But as the attached screen-shot shows, the NOAA files are being automatically updated in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cumulus\Reports directory. Nevertheless, I have added quotation marks around that path in the program's NOAA Reports Settings/Local copy folder: field. I'll check if there's any update on my web page in a day or two, and report back then.
NOAA_files.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daniel
Gerroa weather
DanielF

Post by DanielF »

No, the website is still not updating the reports.

Any suggestions?
Daniel
Gerroa weather
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Yes, follow earlier advice and move your Cumulus installation somewhere other than Program Files.
Freddie
DanielF

Post by DanielF »

freddie wrote: Sun 19 Sep 2021 6:32 am Yes, follow earlier advice and move your Cumulus installation somewhere other than Program Files.
OK, thanks for the reply.

Since I doubt anyone bothers to look at my on-line NOAA reports, I will leave my installation in the default Windows location (where Cumulus 1 put it, and thus where I upgraded to CMX, as per its 'upgrade' recommendation) for now, and await the CMX program being corrected to handle that.
Daniel
Gerroa weather
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

DanielF wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 8:07 amI will leave my installation in the default Windows location (where Cumulus 1 put it
The Cumulus 1 installer allows you to choose where to install the program, and the recommendation even with Cumulus 1 is not to install in the program files area - see https://cumuluswiki.org/a/FAQ#What_do_I ... mulus_1.3F
DanielF wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 8:07 amand thus where I upgraded to CMX, as per its 'upgrade' recommendation) for now,
The upgrade recommendation is to install MX in a new location and then copy across your data, NOAA reports and configuration. The program files area is actively avoided - see https://cumuluswiki.org/a/MX_on_Windows ... _the_files (point 4).
DanielF wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 8:07 am and await the CMX program being corrected to handle that.
It's a well-documented fact that you shouldn't install to program files, so you may have a long wait.
Freddie
BigOkie
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Raspian Buster (RPi 3b)

Post by BigOkie »

freddie wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 9:06 am
DanielF wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 8:07 amI will leave my installation in the default Windows location (where Cumulus 1 put it
The Cumulus 1 installer allows you to choose where to install the program, and the recommendation even with Cumulus 1 is not to install in the program files area - see https://cumuluswiki.org/a/FAQ#What_do_I ... mulus_1.3F
DanielF wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 8:07 amand thus where I upgraded to CMX, as per its 'upgrade' recommendation) for now,
The upgrade recommendation is to install MX in a new location and then copy across your data, NOAA reports and configuration. The program files area is actively avoided - see https://cumuluswiki.org/a/MX_on_Windows ... _the_files (point 4).
DanielF wrote: Mon 20 Sep 2021 8:07 am and await the CMX program being corrected to handle that.
It's a well-documented fact that you shouldn't install to program files, so you may have a long wait.
Heck, even when I had CumulusMX very early and on windows I always installed it to the C:\CumulusMX folder. Simpler that way. I don't understand why some people are averse to installing programs outside of windows' Program Files/Program Files (x86) file structure.