Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Log and chart data from extra sensor

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

TonyG
Weather Station: Ecowitt 1001 WiFi
Operating System: Raspbian 10 (Buster lite)

Log and chart data from extra sensor

Post by TonyG »

Hello all,
I'm still loving my Ecowitt GW1000 and still loving CumulusMX - thanks to all who make it happen!
Half the time I don't understand any of the discussions on this forum so I'm probably going to regret asking :) but... I have added an additional temperature sensor to my Ecowitt GW1000. The temperature is being shown under Station Extra Sensor/Temperature/Sensor 1.
Is this data being saved? I have tried Extra Data Logs but they appear to be empty.
So can anyone tell me please - is there an easy way to log the data from the extra temperature sensor and add it to the temperature chart?
Thanks in advance.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Log and chart data from extra sensor

Post by mcrossley »

If you have enabled the "log extra sensors" option (sorry on my phone at the I cannot check the exact wording), then your extra temperature data should be logged.

You can check the log file, or the file viewer in the dashboard.

MX does not currently graph extra sensors.
TonyG

Post by TonyG »

Thanks Mark. I found the 'log extra sensors' option and enabled it. (I was looking in the wrong place for it) Sensor is now logging.
For anyone else reading this the option is in Settings/Station Settings/Common Options.
Thanks again.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

TonyG wrote: Thu 15 Jul 2021 11:01 am For anyone else reading this the option is in Settings/Station Settings/Common Options.
Of course those who read the Wiki, will know that on the relevant page, https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Cumulus.ini, it already tells you where to navigate to for changing settings, like that extra sensor one, (and it anticipates the next release that will move some settings again). On that page, settings are listed in alphabetical order, within groups in alphabetical order.

That said, that page does not yet cover every setting, and there is still a lot that the Wiki does not yet cover, maybe readers can help as per forum host Freddie's request in the pink area above.
TonyG

Post by TonyG »

Yes. My first port of call is always the Wiki. It's a great resource. Sometimes I can find what I need to know quite easily, other times I can't. Second port of call is a search on this forum. If still no luck I ask others. I assume many people not immersed in CMX have a similar problem solving process. Hence my statement. I'm just trying to make life easy for other users who might be looking for an answer to the same question. I wish I had sufficient technical proficiency to add anything to the Wiki. :)