Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Updated CMX Theme Styles

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

NeilThomas
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Updated CMX Theme Styles

Post by NeilThomas »

Updated CMX Theme styles

Hi all.

I have reworked all of the available style sheets to make use of css variables. This makes it easier to implement theme colours directly on html pages without having to know the hex values used. I have also added a few extra styles to provide alternative hover and border options.

To promote this I have created a new Theme Viewer page at: https://weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk/ATThemes.htm. It is likely that I will also be developing a few additional themes in the coming weeks. As of 15th June the list is up to 17 themes. Enjoy.

Also available on my site are the available templates that can be used with CMX v3.10 on. I also hope to have a fully modified website package to replace the default site supplied with CMX. This will use my right handed sidebar templates and no tables to make it fully responsive on all devices. If you take a look at the rest of my https://weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk site you will be able to see what is affected.

I would also be interested to know if folks would like a similar makeover for the local interface site. The header to show the new logo and all pages to use the same / similar themes. Please note that this will only dressthge pages, it will not affect structure or content.

Thanks to beteljuice for the code to make the selector work.

Neil
Last edited by NeilThomas on Tue 15 Jun 2021 4:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Re: Updated CMX Theme Styles

Post by beteljuice »

Hi Neil ...

Link for the themes zip gives 404
... and the themes list doesn't mention "Warm Sand" which is an option on your site ?
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi beteljuice

Thanks for the heads up on the broken link, I'll fix that now. As for the magically appearing themes, They are not currently on the zip file as I am only just developing them.

And by the way, I hope you didn't mind me using your theme selector code - I didn't;t include your name in the original post, my apologies.
Neil Thomas
website: weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4010
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

I hope you didn't mind me using your theme selector code
Basically, anything I code is up for grabs, but some children are difficult to let go into the wild :lol:
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
Dennisdg
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit

Post by Dennisdg »

Hi Neil

Would your proposed makeover of the local interface site be a replacement or an option?
Personally I'm very happy with the current local interface as it is.

Regards
Dennis

https://g4glp.co.uk

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

HI

The system I am working on is only intended as an addition to the current / future interface in that it would sit in its own sub-folder of the main interface. Wherever possible it would use the existing js files and the same api calls. You would always have full access to the default interface.

For example, I access the interface as localhost:8998 and the one I am building as localhost:8998/ai.cmx/

By doing it this way, any upgrade made by Mark can be managed using the default interface until such time as I adjust my version (if required).

So far I have the main site pages working so that I can 'see' the data generated but have not started on the 'editing / configuration' pages. I am keen to emphasise that anything I do could not be a replacement - it will only enable the you to use similar themes to the public website if you want to.
Neil Thomas
Dennisdg
Weather Station: Davis Vantage PRO2
Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit

Post by Dennisdg »

Thanks Neil, thats nice and clear.

Regards
Dennis

https://g4glp.co.uk

Davis Vantage PRO2
Win 11 Pro 64 bit
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Hi all

Just a heads up that I have now fully updated the various theme style sheets to include more 'standard' styles. I have also corrected a small issue with some of the border styles. I have put them on the Wiki as a complete pack of all styles, but they can be downloaded individually from my weather site - https://weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk/ATThemes.htm

In connection with the borders, if you find that no matter what colour you select they stay light grey, this is an issue with the w3Pro stylesheet. You need to search for all the 'w3-border-xxx ' styles and remove the word '!important' that's attached to the end. This is one of the 'issues' with this style system, just about everything is labeled as 'important' when it doesn't need to be.

Neil
Last edited by NeilThomas on Sat 04 Sep 2021 11:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neil Thomas
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

Freddie
NeilThomas

Post by NeilThomas »

Freddie

Oops - my fault, should be just .htm

I'll change the link now.

Neil
Neil Thomas
richard_newberry
Weather Station: Watson W-8186
Operating System: Raspbian Bookworm & Debian 12

Post by richard_newberry »

Its very nice.

However the welcome to line should be at the top of the page and the moon and the forecast?

That is my opinion.
Desford Weather (at parents)
https://desford-weather.co.uk

Countesthorpe Weather (at mine)
https://countesthorpe-weather.co.uk