Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

How to get web page working after v1 -> MX upgrade?

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: How to get web page working after v1 -> MX upgrade?

Post by sfws »

Now I have edited https://cumuluswiki.org/a/New_Default_W ... e_in_v3.10 to warn them, people will know they must keep the default settings. The developer adding a warning on the NOAA settings page would be a bonus.
DanielF wrote: Wed 21 Jul 2021 2:42 am Renaming hundreds of data files in a directory is actually very simple, taking but a few minutes to create a batch file that does the job in seconds.
For those not able to write such a batch file, many ready-made bulk file renaming applications are available e.g. https://www.techpout.com/best-bulk-rena ... y-windows/

I used the free utility https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/ on my old PC because of the wide choice of options it offers, including correcting the created or modified dates, as well as changing names with regular expressions, renumbering, etc.
DanielF wrote: Tue 20 Jul 2021 6:47 am (i.e. worked with the different file-naming allowed in CMX setup)!
Both the viewer included with the legacy Cumulus, and the viewer in the MX interface, work with the different file naming allowed in settings. For example, my yearly reports using 'Blwyddyn'yyyy".txt" can be viewed, and yet have a name which describes their content and keeps them nicely at the top of my Raspberry Pi file manager.
My own report displaying web page has of course been written to use my naming choices.
DanielF
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue, serial logger
Operating System: Win10Pro64

Post by DanielF »

sfws wrote: Wed 21 Jul 2021 6:34 am I used the free utility https://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk/ on my old PC because of the wide choice of options it offers, including correcting the created or modified dates, as well as changing names with regular expressions, renumbering, etc.
+1 for Bulk Rename Utility. I've used it for many years on a series of PCs (still do). But I'm not sure how I'd do a reversal of columns to swap MM and yyyy on a selection of files, without resorting to a regular expression. And since I'm not conversant with REs, I find it easier to do it with a batch file.
sfws wrote: Wed 21 Jul 2021 6:34 am The issue is that this code exists on your web server, and the default web site does not include a copy of Cumulus.ini to look up to see if someone has selected 'Blwyddyn'yyyy".txt" or "NOAAMO"MMMyyyy".txt" rather than the defaults!
The most it could do is to check for "MO20" meaning that year came before numeric month, rather than the default of numeric month then year.
I see no intrinsic reason why Cumulus.ini couldn't be uploaded to the website – perhaps daily with the NOAA reports – to allow for changes in settings to be recognised by the webpage interpreters. :| Just checking for MO20 wouldn't be enough, as it wouldn't pick up whether a hyphen is being used as a separator, nor the option for yyMM.
Daniel
Gerroa ('paradise'), Australia
Gerroa weather
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

DanielF wrote: Wed 21 Jul 2021 7:14 am I see no intrinsic reason why Cumulus.ini couldn't be uploaded to the website
Security? There are un/pw and all kind of keys for third party sites (e.g. WU) in it. Bad idea.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
DanielF
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue, serial logger
Operating System: Win10Pro64

Post by DanielF »

HansR wrote: Wed 21 Jul 2021 7:21 am Security? There are un/pw and all kind of keys for third party sites (e.g. WU) in it. Bad idea.
Oh, I should have looked into that file first! :groan:

OK, it could be done by creating another small text file with just the NOAA filename format info, and uploading that any time the name format was changed. But I see it's getting more complicated now. I should just be happy that someone is keeping Cumulus alive, and let them make what they think are the best decisions for the project. :D
Daniel
Gerroa ('paradise'), Australia
Gerroa weather
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

DanielF wrote: Wed 21 Jul 2021 7:45 am [...] But I see it's getting more complicated now. I should just be happy that someone is keeping Cumulus alive, and let them make what they think are the best decisions for the project.
Well said, a bit of understanding does miracles ;)
It have been turbulent surprising developments lately ... :)
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3