Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New installation/setup instructions for MX ???

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

odintheterrible
Weather Station: Brandson 304577 & GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

New installation/setup instructions for MX ???

Post by odintheterrible »

Might sound like a stupid question .... but since moving to MX I can't find any specific setup info for MX as I'm unsure about the default file locations etc ... uploade OK, but can't seem to get the default site updated despite getting the GW1000 setup OK. It's obviously something to do with the file ipload and the destination ... but I'm stumped as to how to work it out. Any assistance would be gratefully accepted. Thanks

After searching the WIKI, I can only find this : /Simple_Website_setup which appears to point to the older versions.
"Qui Custodit Ipsos Custodes ? ..."

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: New installation/setup instructions for MX ???

Post by water01 »

This part of the Wiki describes the update process https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Updating_MX_to_new_version

This part describes the Set Up of the new style Web Site https://cumuluswiki.org/a/New_Default_W ... nformation
David
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: New installation/setup instructions for MX ???

Post by PaulMy »

Hi,
I presume you have FTP the full contents of \CumulusMX\webfiles to your webserver.
Then in Settings tab, Internet settings you have filled in correctly Web/FTP Site making sure everything is correct including the Remote FTP Directory.
For the first time in your Internet settings in Web/FTP Settings tick "I want to use the supplied default web site"
Also Interval, Realtime and General settings.

If that doesn't update your site check your MXdiags files to see it there are FTP errors. You may want to turn on FTP logging in Settings, Program settings, Program General Options, and zip up and attach to a reply post..

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm