Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Trends Graph Question

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

klinebau
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: RPi 4B+ Debian 11 64-bit

Trends Graph Question

Post by klinebau »

I am a fairly new user to Cumulus and have a question about the trends graphs. On my installation I noticed that when Cumulus is restarted, I lose fidelity of the trends graphs and it reverts to the station's history log. In other words, after a restart of the Cumulus service, I no longer see points every minute, but instead see them every 30 minutes. Is this correct behavior or do I have something misconfigured?

If this is correct behavior, then I would like to change my station log interval to something more frequent. Since I have a Davis Vantage Vue, can I change the log interval or will I lose all my history when I do this?

I apologize if this has been discussed in the past, but I was unable to find any details.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Trends Graph Question

Post by freddie »

Yes, this is correct behaviour.
If you do change the logging interval of your Vue then I understand that the logger will be cleared of data. That won't be a problem if you have recently run Cumulus.
Make sure you change the logging interval on Cumulus too.
Finally, be aware that if you use a one minute logging interval them your logger will only be capable of storing about two days of data. You need to ensure you don't leave Cumulus switched off for longer than this period otherwise you will not be able to download the oldest data.
Freddie
klinebau
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: RPi 4B+ Debian 11 64-bit

Re: Trends Graph Question

Post by klinebau »

I have updated the logging interval to 1 minute which should give me 42 hours. I might consider updating to a longer interval when I go on vacation just in case something happens and I am not available. Here is the amount of time before the logger fills up based on the logging interval.

1 Minute Archive Interval . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 42 hours
5 Minute Archive Interval . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8 days
10 Minute Archive Interval . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 17 days
15 Minute Archive Interval . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26 days
30 Minute Archive Interval . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 53 days
60 Minute Archive Interval . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 106 days
120 Minute Archive Interval . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 213 days