Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Date rollover at PWS Weather

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

KarlS
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003 / WH32 / WH41
Operating System: Buster Lite on Pi4

Date rollover at PWS Weather

Post by KarlS »

When I got my new Ecowitt GW1003 weather station a few weeks ago I decided to sign up to PWS Weather. All very straight forward, but there is a problem that I can't figure out: on the dashboard, the data are always displayed with the correct date/time. However, the Daily Summary and Observation History "vanish" at 17:00 PDT every day (which is midnight UTC), because these tables have rolled over to the next day. I have the option to select the "previous" day - which is still my current day - and the two tables show again as expected. I have contacted the PWS Weather guys, but they seem to be busy otherwise. Has anybody the same problem or is it just me?
KarlS
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1003 / WH32 / WH41
Operating System: Buster Lite on Pi4

Re: Date rollover at PWS Weather

Post by KarlS »

Got a reply from AerisWeather support today:
This is a known issue when the station is on a different day than UTC. We are working on a fix and hoping to have it corrected in our next release.
While it is nice to get a reply (take note WU!), how difficult can it be to prevent this UTC midnight rollover since they already display the local time in the dashboard header. I mean, this is a bug on a web page that affects everybody not on GMT, why wait for the "next release"? :groan: