Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Pi4 and set up

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

brookr
Weather Station: Vanatge Pro2 plus
Operating System: Windows 10

Pi4 and set up

Post by brookr »

Hello everyone
First of all an introduction to what my system includes and what I want to achieve at some stage. I have a Vantage Pro2 wireless set up and an older version of Weatherlink + CumulusMX. I find CumulusMX far superior to Weatherlink and the continuing development of CumulusMX is second to none. However my technical abilities hold me back from progressing into the ultra modern World. I bought a Pi4 last year and I'm afraid it's still in the box through my lack of understanding and fear of getting myself into an unknown World of technology and hassle. So I'm comfortably with CumulusMX version 3091, soon to be CumulusMX3117, (PaulMy is currently working with me on that one). How technical is Pi4 for a novice like me - I'd like to be able to run CumulusMX 24/7, but this is not going to happen until I can get my head around interfacing it with my current set up. My son is more technical than I and it would be good if I can show him the nuts and bolts of getting Pi4 to work on my system.
Many thanks :roll: :P
http://leedsweathercentre.co.uk/
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Pi4 and set up

Post by water01 »

In that case I would have thought that the pre-built Raspberry Pi CumulusMX image would be ideal plus these installation instructions https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Raspberry_Pi_Image
David
tomcatuk
Weather Station: ----> Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685

Re: Pi4 and set up

Post by tomcatuk »

Have to say I have no knowledge of the setting up of a pi but I followed the instructions and got it working back at the beginning of January, even managed to get putty working, though how I would copy all my old data over I have no idea, and if the pi installation gets updated that will be another challenge but hopefully have some more excellent instructions... :D
Regards Steve