Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

3.10.0 Changes.

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

griffo42
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Re: 3.10.0 Changes.

Post by griffo42 »

On the gauges page of the "Brand new default website template", on the right hand side, was it intended to repeat the location (or something else) between the words "Welcome to" and the forecast ticker?

Keith
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
NeilThomas
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Post by NeilThomas »

griffo42 wrote: Tue 02 Mar 2021 11:54 am On the gauges page of the "Brand new default website template", on the right hand side, was it intended to repeat the location (or something else) between the words "Welcome to" and the forecast ticker?

Keith
It's up to you but it was intended to be...

Code: Select all

<h3 class="w3-center">Welcome to <br><span class="subText"><span data-cmxdata="longlocation"></span></span></h3>
This would put your long description text on the ext line slightly smaller. It will probably be easiest to copy from a page that already has it.

Alternatively just delete the 'to' or even all of it or add the class 'w3-hide' to the h3 tag.
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Neil wrote: These do include some changes to the menu to prevent it splitting into two lines for this of you that have added several extra links.
Nooo ...
I'm just trying to build a menu editor / rearranger.

As far as I can see one wrap around is still catered for by your placement script and the large / small decisions.
Should be able to cope with approx. 24 'buttons' including drop-downs.

You could link to the world that !

the beteljuice is [crying emoticon]
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

beteljuice wrote: Mon 01 Mar 2021 8:30 am The forum and webcam parameters are not having the inner quotes 'escaped'
Ok,

So have edited the data on my \new site now & it's displayed the static data.

Copied the same websitedata.json & realtime gauges.txt to http://weather.inverellit.com/legacy/
but don't see any data there.

Will need to upgrade; just need to make the checklist for retaining my current format so I don't stumble in a heap.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
stewartwlewis
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Rasbian on RPI

Post by stewartwlewis »

First I just want to say that all the work you guys are doing is great. The new web site looks much slicker and I totally understand the move to server side page updates. I am also thankful that I can take the latest version but stick to what I have for the moment as I have changed quite a lot of stuff though this has all been incrémental by trail and learning.

I am still in two minds about moving to the new style. Overall I think it looks slick and more modern but I hate scrolling any web page and the new pages need a lot of scrolling. On the mobile versions the style may be in accordance with best practice but there is so little of it, On my iPhone 3/4 of the page is static content and 1/4 relevant data.
Neil - if you are doing optional templates my vote would be for wider content pages leaving the boiler plate to the bottom where those that want it can scroll to see it.
My other doubt about migrating is the new version is a lot more complicated and since I have no clue what I am doing, learning enough to migrate my content is going to be a hard slog but in the end will allow a lot more flexibility.

My existing site still works as I duplicated all the default pages with php "version" rather than htm and added them to the additional files to process. In the past this has allowed me to take every default update and go there directly to check functionality and migrate new or changes stuff to my live pages bit by bit.

I would like to migrate my existing content to static pages updated from the json files and this looks fairly simple to do if time consuming. As a starter I thought I would install the legacy style pages and get them working so that I knew how everything worked. So I installed the Legacy web files. The websitedata.json file is present an works with the new style pages. The setpagedata.js confirms that it's been processed correctly in the console, the web pages give no errors but all I get is "undefined" wherever there should be data and I just dont seem to be able to fix it. I must be missing something obvious but after looking at this for days I am having to ask for help.
The pages can be accessed at www.stewartwlewis.com/index.htm
All advice very welcome.
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

@stewartlewis

You are using the wrong kind of <span> description.
Yours:

<td class="labels">Dawn:</td>
    <td class="site_data" style="text-align: left;"><span id="cmx-dawn"></span></td>
New method:

<td class="">Dawn:</td>
    <td class=""><span data-cmxdata="dawn"></span></td>
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

One thing I do notice that's probably due for update is the Yesterday Page.

As per the interface, it could probably become a Today/Yesterday page.

Did that myself a while back with the old template. Merged the two into one.

http://weather.inverellit.com/today-yesterday.htm

Cheers.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
griffo42
Operating System: Win 11 Home

Post by griffo42 »

@Neil Thomas
It's up to you but it was intended to be...

<h3 class="w3-center">Welcome to <br><span class="subText"><span data-cmxdata="longlocation"></span></span></h3>
This would put your long description text on the ext line slightly smaller. It will probably be easiest to copy from a page that already has it.

Alternatively just delete the 'to' or even all of it or add the class 'w3-hide' to the h3 tag.
Thanks for this. I have implemented the change and I think is an improvement in the logical presentation of info. on the page.

Keep up the good work!

Keith
Keith
Davis Vantage Pro2 Model #6152AU - CumulusMX - Win11 - Saratoga/CUMX Default Scripts
https://www.kstwx.net/index.php
https://www.kstwx.net/cumx/index.html
stewartwlewis
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus
Operating System: Rasbian on RPI

Post by stewartwlewis »

Thanks @beteljuice
These are the revised old templates from Mark and I noticed they came with a different setpagedata.js from the new pages and they use a different data field identifier.
This is the conversion line in this setpagedata.js
"$('span[id^=cmx-]').each(function () { ".

For the new pages the setpagedata.js uses
"$('span[data-cmxdata]').each(function () {"

I have checked and I am using the correct version that is in the webfiles-legacy folder.

I have used what was provided without any alteration.
AntSeiderer
Weather Station: La Crosse 2357
Operating System: RPi Zero - Raspberry Pi OS

Post by AntSeiderer »

Hi,

I have just upgraded to 3.10.2, using the RPi image. I want to use the new website, but also have to drag along 8 years of data. So I have copied the contents of my old /data directory to the new one, and deleted my /web and /webfiles directories and replaced these with the new ones from the 3.10.2 release.

Most features are working fine, but my website is not updating (realtime gauges are working though). The contents of my /web directory seem to be updating fine, but my /webfiles directory is not updating.

My FTP server shows that the .json files are being updated OK, but the .htm files are not.

Where am I going wrong?
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

AntSeiderer wrote: Wed 03 Mar 2021 11:15 amWhere am I going wrong?
The new-style website is data-driven. As long as you have the data files uploading then your site will update. Note that the HTML pages are not routinely updated - these pages get their data from the data files (via javascript) rather than updating the whole HTML page. The data files are websitedata.json for most pages, with the addition of realtimegauges.txt for the gauges page.
Freddie
AntSeiderer

Post by AntSeiderer »

Thanks Freddie, but I'm still battling. My FTP server shows that both websitedata.json and realtimegauges.txt are getting updates.

Are you saying that the .htm files are no longer needed? If that's the case, how do I load the new website (the old site loads with index.htm, and obviously if that file is not updated, the website won't be either).

Sorry to be so thick.
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

your htm files read the json file and populate data content within the htm file.

json files are NOT a web page. you need the htm files on your webserver

have you a URL for your webserver?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

NeilThomas
Operating System: Raspberry Pi 4

Post by NeilThomas »

AntSeiderer wrote: Wed 03 Mar 2021 11:31 am Thanks Freddie, but I'm still battling. My FTP server shows that both websitedata.json and realtimegauges.txt are getting updates.

Are you saying that the .htm files are no longer needed? If that's the case, how do I load the new website (the old site loads with index.htm, and obviously if that file is not updated, the website won't be either).

Sorry to be so thick.
Hi.

The .htm files are now part of the 'webfiles' folder and need to be uploaded to your FTP server when you update CumulusMX. Once this is done, CumulusMX now just sends data in .json file format and the pages on your server collect and display this data automatically. You can check that the data is on your FTP server. You should see a number of .json files. When your site is visited, the page being viewed reads data from these files to display on your page.

This method reduces the quantity of data you are FTPing as the page is already on your server.

Hope that helps.

Neil.
Neil Thomas
website: oaktreewebs.co.uk | Davis Vantage Pro II | CumulusMX, Raspberry Pi 4 | MX V4 build 4019
AntSeiderer

Post by AntSeiderer »

Thanks for all your help.

When I upload the 'webfiles' to my FTP server, do I upload them as a directory or as individual files to replace the old .htm files?