Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

3.10.0 Changes.

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

3.10.0 Changes.

Post by Phil23 »

Hi All,

Just reading about the changes to the default Web files in 3.10.0......

It's brought me back to one of the suggestions I've never bothered to most as I consider it low priority in the general theme of things.

I was thinking of suggesting additional Cumulus.ini entry something like:-

Code: Select all

Use Alternate Webfiles=yes/No
Alternate Webfiles Location=C:\CumulusMX\Web-Phil
And now that I've read of the changes in 3.1.10 another comes to mind..

Process & Upload Legacy Templates=Yes/No
To avoid needing to add/remove those templates from Extra Webfiles.

It's not that I want to be stuck in the world of the old templates, but I'm sure there are plenty of us out there who have made many changes to the defaults over the years, and those changes would have been done in small time frames of the odd hour here & there as our available time dictates.
Personally as a HTML hacker, that is often a spare hour or so spent for a very small result.

The above would maybe help users to more comfortably migrate & have the ability to switch between file sets, Current/updated.

All that said, I could be going off half cocked, as I have not yet downloaded the new release to take a look at what is really involved.

Cheers

Phil.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
BeaumarisWX
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus - 24hr FARS
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro Hades Canyon

Re: 3.10.0 Changes.

Post by BeaumarisWX »

Hi Phil,
Sorry for adding this here, though saw no point creating a new post, as it is partially relevant.

I just downloaded new version to have a quick look, as I noticed on the demo version https://weather.oaktreewebs.co.uk/trends.htm that when using mobile mode the following occurs.

Hi Mark,
Just noticed in "setpagedata.js" Line 48: in the "mobileMenu" section :
'<a href="trends.html" class="w3-bar-item w3-btn w3-theme-hvr at-slim">Trends</a>' +
"trends.html" should be "trends.htm"

Kind Regards,
Tony
Tony Beaumaris, Tasmania (AUS)

CMX Mobile : https://beaumaris-weather.com/BWX/
CMX Default: https://beaumaris-weather.com/cumulusmx_default/
Colour Dashboard : https://beaumaris-weather.com/dashborad_color.php
Click below for Saratoga Template :
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Change: The default web site is now driven by a single data file (plus realtimegauges.txt), rather than every page being updated and uploaded each interval.
What is this going to mean for all the 3rd party 'plug-ins' ?

Both in terms of data acquisition and any display / viewport limitations.
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

BeaumarisWX wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021 9:19 pm Hi Mark,
Just noticed in "setpagedata.js" Line 48: in the "mobileMenu" section :
'<a href="trends.html" class="w3-bar-item w3-btn w3-theme-hvr at-slim">Trends</a>' +
"trends.html" should be "trends.htm"

Kind Regards,
Tony
Thanks Tony, I have updated the zip file to version "a" with the updated setpagedata.js
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

beteljuice wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021 9:43 pm
Change: The default web site is now driven by a single data file (plus realtimegauges.txt), rather than every page being updated and uploaded each interval.
What is this going to mean for all the 3rd party 'plug-ins' ?

Both in terms of data acquisition and any display / viewport limitations.
I guess that will depend on how the plugins work. I image they are extensions on separate pages and do not rely on the standard pages containing specific data?
sutne
Weather Station: HP2553 (WS80) and HP2564 (WS90)
Operating System: Raspbian Bullseye and Bookworm

Post by sutne »

Is there any support for languages different than English?
Or do I have to rewrite all html-files?

Any plans for multilanguages versions?
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

@betel
I can't speak for other 3rd party addons yet, but CUtils and MXUIwebsite both work fine with v3.10.0

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

PaulMy wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021 9:59 pm @betel
I can't speak for other 3rd party addons yet, but CUtils and MXUIwebsite both work fine with v3.10.0

Enjoy,
Paul
They are both templated 'websites' in their own right, although of course they rely on a variety of 'data' files being uploaded which you already have organised.
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

Phil23 wrote: Thu 25 Feb 2021 9:08 pm I could be going off half cocked, as I have not yet downloaded the new release to take a look at what is really involved.
Have had a chance to look at both the New Web Files & the Legacy ones now & I can see a huge learning curve in upgrading & keeping my customization.

Don't get me wrong, the new format looks great.
At this point though I'm even in a struggle to get my head around how the menu system works, and as seen in mine I've made a whole lot of changes.

Yes I'm a 30+ years of IT guy, but HTML, CSS & Java are hack & paste type skills for me.
It's something that never figured very broadly in my skill sets.

I suppose what would work best for me & others in this situation would be the ability to easily maintain two sites while coming to grips with the new formats.

http://weather.inverellit.com as is with the existing template files, going on as usual,
as well as http://weather.inverellit.com/new sitting there for me to play with until I'm happy to move it up a level & retire the old format.

Cheers

Phil.
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Hi Phil, yes for people with like you with heavily modified "standard" pages, then I see you disabling the new standard pages and using the extra files to continue using your current site.

You can just copy the new webfiles to another area and copy over the data files from your live folder, and the new page data json file to play around with the new site. You do not need to keep those data files up to data, they can go stale and the site will still function. My test site uses static data: https://weather.wilmslowastro.com/test/newMX/index.htm (yes I need to update the sitepagedata.js script!)

Neil will be releasing template "empty" pages to add to the standard site into which you can insert your data which will make things easier for "modders"
BrunswickWeather
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1103
Operating System: windows 11 Pro/Raspberry pi 4

Post by BrunswickWeather »

The menu bar of the web pages do not show correctly on my Samsung tablet in portrait but it does in landscape format. So in portrait format you cannot view other pages besides the index page. The new pages look great much better than the pages inherited from Cumulus 1.
piconut
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: Win10

Post by piconut »

First of all Mark and Neil, I want to say thanks for the web files update. I like it. I do, however, have some questions that I hope you can help me with:

1) is there some way to make it so that the gauges page comes up first (a setting somewhere)?
2) if I want to edit the static images, do I just find the image file names and replace the static seagull ones with my images, named the same as those seagull ones? I have nothing against seagulls but we don't find them within several hundred miles of where I am. Painted buntings however....
3) is there a way to preload some of the select-a-graph options?
4) I have 4 webcams that point toward the sky for time lapse movies of the day's weather. Is there some way to add a webcam page to this?
5) any chance of having one of the menu options being the HTML Davis Console that I've seen on some folks websites?
6) where is a DONATE link? I would really like to send you folks a token of my appreciation!

I'm not a programmer but I can follow directions. Any help would be appreciated!

And thanks again for the upgrade.

Scott from Austin, Texas, US
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

piconut wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 6:14 am First of all Mark and Neil, I want to say thanks for the web files update. I like it. I do, however, have some questions that I hope you can help me with:
Thanks, I expect a lot of issues to come from this though!
piconut wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 6:14 am 1) is there some way to make it so that the gauges page comes up first (a setting somewhere)?
What page loads if you do not specify one is configured in your web server, normally is looks for index.htm/html/php in whatever order you specify.
piconut wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 6:14 am 2) if I want to edit the static images, do I just find the image file names and replace the static seagull ones with my images, named the same as those seagull ones? I have nothing against seagulls but we don't find them within several hundred miles of where I am. Painted buntings however....
The simplest way as you say is just to replace the existing image files with ones of the same name. Try and keep them a similar size too, though the header image will be restricted to avoid the header getting too big.
piconut wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 6:14 am 3) is there a way to preload some of the select-a-graph options?
You would have to edit the selectagraph javascript file.
I have done that on my version of the page (though my JS file may be slightly different/out of date!
piconut wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 6:14 am 4) I have 4 webcams that point toward the sky for time lapse movies of the day's weather. Is there some way to add a webcam page to this?
The Wiki article tells you how to extend the menu system. Blank page templates will be available v. soon.
piconut wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 6:14 am 5) any chance of having one of the menu options being the HTML Davis Console that I've seen on some folks websites?
Not by default, but you can add it yourself.
piconut wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 6:14 am 6) where is a DONATE link? I would really like to send you folks a token of my appreciation!
Nope!
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

BrunswickWeather wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 1:01 am The menu bar of the web pages do not show correctly on my Samsung tablet in portrait but it does in landscape format. So in portrait format you cannot view other pages besides the index page. The new pages look great much better than the pages inherited from Cumulus 1.
Could you screen shot it please?
And do you know what the screen resolution of your tablet is?
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

mcrossley wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 9:22 am
piconut wrote: Fri 26 Feb 2021 6:14 am 3) is there a way to preload some of the select-a-graph options?
You would have to edit the selectagraph javascript file.
I have done that on my version of the page (though my JS file may be slightly different/out of date!
The relevant bit is the prefs.data definition on line 176 in my script file..

var prefs = {
    data: {
        series: ["Temperature", "Rainfall", "0", "0", "Wind Speed", "PM 2.5"],
        colours: ["#ED561B", "#058DC7", "#50B432", "#DDDF00", "#24CBE5", "#64E572"]
That defines the default data and colour for each series.