Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Start CumulusMX @reboot from USB stick

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

SamiS
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551 & GW1100
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS

Re: Start CumulusMX @reboot from USB stick

Post by SamiS »

andrew_sinclair wrote: Sun 21 Feb 2021 11:37 am Thanks for the information, that does indeed give some perspective. I am concerning myself over nothing perhaps 👍
Still, everyone should of course consider their specific use case, and if they want to make some automatic backup of the MX data. Even I have killed one card with Pi, but it was not unexpected when afterwards I learned out the torture it was given. It was logging several IoT temp sensors to influxdb on 2 or 3 seconds interval. It had also grafana running as dashboard, and unfortunately there was also http request logging and database query logging enabled... Also the SD card was not meant for high intensity write usage. It took about a year to fail in this case.
andrew_sinclair
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus c/w DFARS
Operating System: Buster rPi

Re: Start CumulusMX @reboot from USB stick

Post by andrew_sinclair »

I think I have managed to delay starting cumulus.service to give time for the USB to be available by adding the following line:

Code: Select all

ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 30
Windy: f065d04a