Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Forecast and Forum settings are not saved after restart

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Laephis
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000
Operating System: Win10

Forecast and Forum settings are not saved after restart

Post by Laephis »

I've been dealing with this for a while now and wondering if anyone is having a similar problem. I have the "Use Cumulus forecast" option unchecked, but when I restart the Cumulus MX service, it reverts back to being checked. Similar issue with the Forum setting: I remove the default entry and it goes back to default when restarted. No other options seem to have this issue. I'm using the most recent version of Cumulus MX - anything I can do to get these settings to stick?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Forecast and Forum settings are not saved after restart

Post by mcrossley »

The "Use Cumulus forecast" option works for me.

I don't believe you can set the forum URL via settings, you have to edit the Cumulus.ini file. Cumulus must be stopped if you edit that file directly.
Laephis
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000
Operating System: Win10

Post by Laephis »

mcrossley wrote: Tue 19 Jan 2021 4:50 pm The "Use Cumulus forecast" option works for me.

I don't believe you can set the forum URL via settings, you have to edit the Cumulus.ini file. Cumulus must be stopped if you edit that file directly.
Hi and thanks for the quick reply. Some clarification after doing a bit more experimentation: I'm changing the Forum URL via the Internet settings option. If I put my own address in that field, Cumulus.ini is updated and the setting remains even after restarting the service. If I make that field blank, when the service is restarted it automatically puts "https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/" back. (Even though the ini file shows it as empty.) My preference would be to have this field left empty.
Capture4.JPG
For the issue with the "Use Cumulus Forecast" option, I've checked the Cumulus.ini file and it correctly has the setting disabled and it remains set that way. But for some reason when the service restarts, the option is re-enabled on the web interface despite still showing as "0" in the ini file. Super strange.
Capture2.JPG
Is there anywhere else I can be looking to track down what's going on?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

The forum URL will revert to the default if you leave it blank. That is just the way it works. If you don't want to use it, then you can remove the web tag from wherever it is being used?

As you are using a GW1000 device, the option to use the Cumulus forecast will automatically be enabled as that device does not provide any forecast data.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Another alternative (untested), if the tag is being used on a web page would be to make the URL just a thin space character - " "
It would take up a small amount of screen real estate, but minimal.