Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Pro-Signal PSG04173

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

prstaffs
Weather Station: Pro-Signal PSG04173
Operating System: Win 10

Pro-Signal PSG04173

Post by prstaffs »

Thank you for welcoming me to your forum

I have recently purchased a Pro-Signal PSG04173 weatherstation from CPC. I have previously been using for many years an old Maplin Fine Offset station with Cumulus 1 until the sensors finally gave up and siezed.
I was hoping to re-create a similar system with the Pro-Signal and CumulusMX but this is looking less likely as I am encountering some potential show stoppers between this station and CumulusMX.
The console is an EasyWeather-WIFI2520 V1.5.6 and my PC is running Win 10 PRO. CumulusMX is Build 3100

The problem appears to be that I am not receiving any data from the console to Cumulus. I have actually tried all station types to see if any will work, the nearest I achieved was with the Ecowitt - the station connected but does not return any sensor data to the queries from CumulusMX.
The Fine Offset setting appears to require a USB interface which sadly is not present on this console as all connections are WIFI.

To save any more time could you confirm if this particular station will work with CumulusMX and if not, are there any plans to add it to the compatible stations?

Thank you all in anticipation

PRSTAFFS
galfert
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000
Operating System: Mint, Raspberry Pi OS, Synology

Re: Pro-Signal PSG04173

Post by galfert »

The solution is to get the Ecowitt GW1000, but you need to ensure that the frequency matches your new station. It is available in 433, 868, and 915 MHz.
If your station is 868 MHz you can also order the Froggit DP1500 as it is the same thing as a GW1000 with 868 MHz.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge RPI | CumulusMX on Synology NAS
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Tele-Pole flag pole
prstaffs
Weather Station: Pro-Signal PSG04173
Operating System: Win 10

Post by prstaffs »

Hi Galfert,

Thank you for your reply.
As I have already purchased the Pro-Signal I guess I will have to persevere with it. I do have a succesfull upload from the station to the Ecowitt website for now.
I may well investigate the GW1000 as I would very much like to use Cumulus to upload to my own website as I have done for some years.

Thanks again

Prstaffs
Worf
Weather Station: N96GY
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by Worf »

Has anyone yet got this unit working successfully with Cumulus? I currently still using an old NG96GY and have my own weather station website using Cumulus working through the PC, but would like to replace it with something that connects direct to the modem/router. Are there better alternatives on a similar budget?
Gyvate
Weather Station: GW1x00/WH2650WiFi/HP2553/GW2000
Operating System: Win 11 (PC/RPi), Raspbian 11,WSL

Post by Gyvate »

The Pro-Signal PSG04173 seems to be a Fine Offset WH2910 clone.
The latest version of CumulusMX build 3141 will now support this console.
You will have to use the custom server function of your console (WSView app, device list, customized server).
Here you need to enter:
the IP address of your server running CumulusMX (a Windows 10 PC if I read your OP properly)
as path you enter: /station/ecowitt
port: 8998
interval 16 seconds
click save and wait for the "Success" message
In CumulusMX station settings choose HTTP (Ecowitt) - save !
restart CumulusMX and you should see your data in the dashboard latest after one minute
Pre-requisite - console and your CMX PC must be in the same local network subnet.
Worf
Weather Station: N96GY
Operating System: Windows 8.1

Post by Worf »

Thank for the info. I was not the OP, but was enquiring if he ever got it to work. I have windows 8.1 Sorry for any confusion.

So if I am reading you correctly, I should be able to run MX on my PC and get the info from the station. At the moment I upload from my PC to a dedicated website, but that means it only gives correct info on the website if I leave my PC switched on. Will this new station allow me to do this directly to the modem also 24 7?

Apologies if this doesnt make sense - I am no techie!
Gyvate
Weather Station: GW1x00/WH2650WiFi/HP2553/GW2000
Operating System: Win 11 (PC/RPi), Raspbian 11,WSL

Post by Gyvate »

when CMX is not running, it will not receive data .... if you want 24/7 actual data, your server/PC must also run 24/7.
But you can get now your station data via the HTTP Ecowitt option in CMX 3141

You might want to think of getting yourself a Raspberry Pi 4, do a standard install of the Raspbian OS (Debian 10), often already on a microSD card delivered with a package, activate the VNC viewer on the RPi so you can connect to it from your PC and then install CumulusMX on it. Instructions are on the Cumulus web site.
The RPi can easily run 24/7 with very low power consumption. 2 of my CMX installations run on a RPi4 24/7.