Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Standard Files Upload - Suppress index.htm

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

andersondj
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 7

Standard Files Upload - Suppress index.htm

Post by andersondj »

I have migrated my CumulusMX to the Saratoga Weather template environment. The index file to invoke the template is index.php. My ISP have configured their websites for index.htm to take precedence over index.php. Unfortunately index.htm is one of the standard files that are uploaded every 10 minutes which means if I delete index.htm it re-appears 10 minutes later. Is there any way I can suppress index.htm from being uploaded along with the remaining standard files?
grwkak
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Standard Files Upload - Suppress index.htm

Post by grwkak »

I think in settings you can uncheck that option. Settings >>>> Internet Settings >>> Include Standard Files.

Guy
andersondj

Post by andersondj »

But I do need all the standard files EXCEPT index.htm
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

You need to uncheck the "include standard files" as already discussed, and specify the standard files you do need in "Extra Files". That should achieve your requirements.
Freddie
andersondj

Post by andersondj »

Thanks for the suggestion. Is there anywhere a list of the standard file to ensure I include them all?
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

There are currently 11, being all the xxxxxT.htm files in the \web folder.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

If you look in any build release, but obviously the later the better, the standard .htm templates are in the web folder. Upload them all bar indexT.htm and you are doing exactly what is done by standard files, remembering of course to rename them without the T for template and making sure you tick process to make sure all the variables are filled out.
David
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

In the /web folder, delete the template file, indexT.htm, it is that simple.
Even with standard files ticked, it can't process and upload a file that does not exist.

Obviously, the index.htm locally and on your website has to be deleted as you don't want them.

If you install a new release, it will contain a new copy of the template file, and you will need to delete it again.

This is another example of a Cumulus 1 feature not in MX, C1 made it simple to not replace existing template files.
water01

Post by water01 »

Didn't think of that, good solution.
This is another example of a Cumulus 1 feature not in MX, C1 made it simple to not replace existing template files.
If you don't mind me saying so, I think that is a bit unfair as it was not a feature of Cumulus 1 but a feature of the Windows installer which because of CumulusMX's multi platform ability does not exist because it is not possible to build a multi platform installer.
David
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

water01 wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021 8:45 am it is not possible to build a multi platform installer.
I disagree here. I think one could build a generic CMX installer for all platforms CMX runs on.
It would not have such specific features as the Windows installer and it would not be like the Windows installer, but it would be the same for CMX on all platforms (with maybe minor differences implemented).
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

HansR wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021 9:14 am I disagree here. I think one could build a generic CMX installer for all platforms CMX runs on.
It would not have such specific features as the Windows installer and it would not be like the Windows installer, but it would be the same for CMX on all platforms (with maybe minor differences implemented).
I am happy for volunteers to step forward :)
water01

Post by water01 »

mcrossley wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021 11:00 am
HansR wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021 9:14 am I disagree here. I think one could build a generic CMX installer for all platforms CMX runs on.
I am happy for volunteers to step forward :)
:D :D :D
David
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

This is a divergence from original subject of this topic, but since I have been challenged, I will respond...
water01 wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021 8:45 am it was not a feature of Cumulus 1, but a feature of the Windows installer
That could be misinterpreted as suggesting Microsoft rather than Steve Loft was responsible, that is not what you meant, but someone reading your statement might be confused. For the record, viewtopic.php?f=4&t=649 explains that Steve had to learn how to modify the installer, and viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1858&p=18825#p18825 introduced the release with the modification.

The template pages were created (for Cumulus 1) by Beth Loft - see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59&p=363#p363. If you go and read that link, you will see they were created as examples.
Therefore there is absolutely no reason why MX should not treat them as examples, and release them separately to the main distribution. Mark has released 56 builds, but in only a very, very, small number of those has he changed any of those basic template files. Including them in every distribution means that anyone who has created their own templates with same name has extra work in every MX release, nearly everybody else is forced to increase their broadband download usage whenever they do download a distribution.

Finally, I invite readers to think of the climate change effects of all the wasted energy for our developer in creating so many large distributions, and for any users of downloading, unzipping, and storing replacements for those seldom changing files given the number of people using MX! (I'm not looking for any response to this particular point, I have left my MX at an old version for some months now, but maybe someone will start a new topic on energy implications more generally)
HansR

Post by HansR »

mcrossley wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021 11:00 am I am happy for volunteers to step forward :)
I already volunteered before - don't know where, don't know when - but then there was no reaction. I take your remark as an expression of the usefulness of an installation program, I agree with that. I will look into it. (Yes David, I only post this after your laughing because the site was down for a while).

I assume the OSes we are talking about are Windows and Raspbian (at least to start with).
Afaik there is no specific (root or administrator) privilege required.
There is currently no assumption of where CumulusMX is being installed, I will assume defaults c:\CumulusMX for Windows and /home/CumulusMX for Linux, changeable by the user from a commandline dialogue and stored in an inifile for next installs (like probably some other choices). I assume the current directory is the location of the CMX archive and in that directory the inifile will be stored.

All kinds of variations can be thought of but first trial will be straight forward, later variations to be added through inifile p arameters and/or commandline parameters.
In first instance multiple installation are not supported.

I will assume the downloads available from the Wiki which comes from github (https://github.com/cumulusmx/CumulusMX/ ... st3099.zip). It might be useful to have a link going to https://github.com/cumulusmx/CumulusMX/ ... ad/current so that it won't be necessary to search for the current (or latest). Install of specific releases will be done by specifying the build nr by the user (e.g. b3099) on the commandline (possibly later).

Ah yes, and how it all started: suppress specific files from the package as downloaded to be installed (later).

When CumulusMX is installed some additional package for the CMX machine could be added (e.g. like CumulusUtils :o ).
No doubt there is more. I won't do that in first instance though, but think about it and you can generate wishes. (Much later?)

The code will be on a public github of course Afaiac under CumulusMX.

So far the functional spec, if you have any specific remarks let me know.
Don't expect anything very soon... there are some other personal interrupt possibilities currently...
Last edited by HansR on Wed 13 Jan 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hans

HansR

Post by HansR »

@sfws:
sfws wrote: Wed 13 Jan 2021 1:03 pm Finally, I invite readers to think of the climate change effects of all the wasted energy for our developer in creating so many large distributions,
However kind this remark - and I do agree with you - we must also realise the extreme low ratio of CMX against all data centres of the world. Here in NL we have some amount of those data centres (by all major parties in the field) and they more or less consume all green power we produce. There is something wrong in the whole energy/data world. And I don't think CMX causes that although in principle you are right. It is good to realise data consumes a lot more energy than most people expect or know. But CMX is not causing climate change or other disasters, it just cooperates in the process.
Hans