Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Stopping the 'Page auto-update limit reached, click the status LED to continue' message

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Feek
Weather Station: GW1003
Operating System: Raspbian

Stopping the 'Page auto-update limit reached, click the status LED to continue' message

Post by Feek »

I did some searching a week or so ago to find out how to disable this message and found a page showing how it's done but no matter how I search now, I'm having problems finding it.

I seem to remember it involved adding a switch to the URL and configuring a password in a file somewhere but I've spent an hour hunting this morning with little success.

Can someone point me in the right direction please. I'm going to repurpose an old iPad as a console and would like to leave it on the gauges.

Running CumulusMX v3.9.1 (3096) on a Pi Zero.

Thanks.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Stopping the 'Page auto-update limit reached, click the status LED to continue' message

Post by mcrossley »

Its around line 47 in gauges.js - the default password is "its-me"

http://<url_to_gauges>?pageUpdate=its-me
Feek

Re: Stopping the 'Page auto-update limit reached, click the status LED to continue' message

Post by Feek »

Thanks Mark - I just get a 404 if I try that though..
*clicky*

I'll reset the password when I get it working (and yes, I appreciate it's not too secure).
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Sorry it should be a "?" not a "&" in the url..
https://qso365.co.uk/weather/gauges.htm ... ate=its-me
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Feek wrote: Mon 30 Nov 2020 2:49 pm I'll reset the password when I get it working (and yes, I appreciate it's not too secure).
It isn't, but it will stop 99.99% of people camping on the page.
Feek

Post by Feek »

mcrossley wrote: Mon 30 Nov 2020 2:53 pm Sorry it should be a "?" not a "&" in the url..
Gottit, thanks. The gauges.js file needs updating as well, that shows an & in the example ;)
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Yep, I noticed that. How many years has it been wrong!
Feek

Post by Feek »

All good, password reset and tested so thanks again.
Feek

Post by Feek »

Hmm, I actually don't think it's working. I thought the gauges had stopped updating so I made a note of the temperature and left it.

After a while, I noticed this..

When I did a cmd-r to refresh, the temperature changed by over a degree and the counter reset.

So although the auto-update limit message doesn't appear, it does stop updating.
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

Your site, including gauges seem to be updating fine and realtimegauges.txt is current https://qso365.co.uk/weather/gauges.htm
By default setting, the gauges will stop updating after being open in a browser for a while so would need a refresh.

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
Feek

Post by Feek »

PaulMy wrote: Tue 01 Dec 2020 3:18 pm By default setting, the gauges will stop updating after being open in a browser for a while so would need a refresh.
Thanks Paul,
I thought the point of adding the ?pageUpdate suffix to the URL was to stop it timing out and and allow it to continue updating without intervention. Is that not the case?
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Was it possibly a network glitch - or data file not available (being FTP'd)? I tested my page and it worked OK. That script doesn't recover too well from some types of failure.
Feek

Post by Feek »

Has this method changed with the new web site? I've updated gauges.js with a new password but I'm getting the auto-update limit reached message again.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Feek wrote: Sun 28 Feb 2021 1:29 pm Has this method changed with the new web site?
Nope.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I left your page running for 35 minutes with the default password and it did not time out. :?