Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus MX 3.9.1 not producing full FTP logging with SFTP

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

Colin99
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus
Operating System: 64 bit Raspberry pi Debian

Cumulus MX 3.9.1 not producing full FTP logging with SFTP

Post by Colin99 »

I upgraded from build 3094 to 3096 (v3.9.1) 3 days ago and no functionality or instability so far. Just one strange thing though..........

Just after upgrading I tried to switch from FTP to SFTP but convinced myself it wasn't working. So I tried FTPS, which worked and logged OK so I left it at that. Having tried again with SFTP today it did appear to work but just wasn't producing an ftp log (despite logging being turned on - I have had it on for several months, but renamed the old ftp logfiles prior to trying the above).

I have just gone through a cycle of turning ftp logging off in the interface, stopping and starting MX (belt and braces!), turning logging back on, stopping and starting MX. Now it has created an FTP log, but all it has in it is the following, even though it has completed 3 upload cycles since the 2 reboots:

# Dispose()

# Dispose()

actual ftp log attached, along with ini file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Colin99

Re: Cumulus MX 3.9.1 not producing full FTP logging with SFTP

Post by Colin99 »

I meant no functionality issues!!
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Because SFTP isn't really FTP at all but a related beast called SSH File Transfer Protocol, it does not write to the FTP log.

If you enable FTP logging when using SFTP, you will find that additional file transfer messages are logged in the standard Cumulus MXdiags file. This actually makes debugging a bit simpler as all the messages are logged chronologically in one file.
Colin99

Post by Colin99 »

OK I did wonder!

Thanks Mark