Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Simple editing of CumulusMX data

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

brookr
Weather Station: Vanatge Pro2 plus
Operating System: Windows 10

Simple editing of CumulusMX data

Post by brookr »

Hello again
It is important to me to get historical data correct and this is one area, (amongst the current downloading to my webspace problem) of both Cumulus1 and CumulusMX where I seem to fall down. I have spent hours looking at this issue and still don't appear to be on top of it. I have been correcting the data logs under alltime.ini, monthly.ini, yesterday.ini, today.ini etc and this works for a time, before the next date roll over, when it reverts to the original data record that I know is wrong. How can I solve this problem once and for all?
The one parameter that seems to default back to the wrong data is highest hourly rain.
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Re: Simple editing of CumulusMX data

Post by beteljuice »

.... when it reverts to the original data record that I know is wrong.
What original data record - why can't you edit it ? (dayfile.txt ?)
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

CumulusMX has built in editors for the Monthly Data Logs (Data Logs / Data Logs), the Dayfile (Data Logs / Dayfile), This Month's Records, Monthly Records, This Years Records, and All Time Records (Edit), or as Beteljuice use an editor like NotePad+ on the dayfile.txt or any of the monthly .txt files.

Simply editing the ini files will not work as the rollover will revert them back to the log file data as you have found, you have to edit the base logs etc.

I am curious are you the Robert Brooks I helped set up a weatherstation and web site called Leeds Weather (leedsweathercentre.org.uk) in 2017? If you are why didn't you just move the Cumulus 1 weather data to your CumulusMX folder and start from there?
David
brookr

Post by brookr »

Hi
I am the Robert Brooks you helped in in 2017! I remember that ... 3 years on and still having issues!
I didn't recognise your username, but I knew you were in Somerset area.

Thought I would try it again using an up to date CumulusMX version. I have kept all my Cumulus1 data files from 2013- I 'm hoping that I can tidy these up and transfer, but these have a errors, especially in rainfall. I like the display on CumulusMX but it seems to lack graphing capabilities.

Hopefully will have the full version of MX on my website soon. That was another reason for the gap - I fell out with my host and never subscribed to another!

8-)
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

but it seems to lack graphing capabilities.
Not sure what you mean by this as the Charts dropdown is what most people use.
David
Phil23
Weather Station: Davis VP2+ & GW1000 (Standalone)
Operating System: Win10 Pro / rPi Buster

Post by Phil23 »

water01 wrote: Wed 02 Sep 2020 6:10 pm Not sure what you mean by this as the Charts dropdown is what most people use.
Probably Historic Charts.

On numerous occasions I've taken my Dayfile into Excel & generated charts in there.

On that note, an interesting feature to add to MX would be a data export facility.
Probably nothing to complex;

Frequency:- Day, Month.
Date Range.
Field Chooser.

No reason not to stick with plain old CSV.

Cheers

Phil
:Now: :Today/Yesterday:

Main Station Davis VP2+ Running Via Win10 Pro.
Secondary Stations, Ecowitt HP2551/GW1000 Via rPi 3 & 4 Running Buster GUI.
:Local Inverell Ecowitt Station: :Remote Ashford Ecowitt Station:
brookr

Post by brookr »

I have Cumulus1 running and I'm beginning to think this may be my best option to use on my website again. I have struggled to get my website going, although My Paul has been very helpful over in Canada. Keeping it simple is probably best. However I would like help in clearing up my data records, especially rainfall which is a bone of contention. In my opinion the software is cumbersome in trying to edit out rainfall errors -my records that go back to 2013 are full of rainfall errors. I've only been running Cumulus MX since 20 August and the rainfall records are wrong. Is there an easy way of editing rainfall records? There is no point in having a website with erroneous data. It seems these errors stem from my VP2 console total year rainfall. Taking records from Cumulus and using in Excel is a smart way of maybe overcoming errors?
;)