Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

3 days running Cumulusmx

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

brookr
Weather Station: Vanatge Pro2 plus
Operating System: Windows 10

3 days running Cumulusmx

Post by brookr »

Hello again
I have now had 3 full days running Cumulus MX and I was thinking that everything seems to be OK. However I can only see graphs for the past 24 hours.
Is this normal,? I would have thought I would be able to view the full range. Within Cumulus 1 you could choose periods for graphing!
Also I have now signed up to Host Presto for my new web domain, but I'm still looking on guidance to get started. Wiki is very comprehensive and is a bit overwhelming to me.
I require a step by step guide on how to get my data onto http://leedsweathercentre.co.uk/, using Host presto.
:bash:
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: 3 days running Cumulusmx

Post by freddie »

brookr wrote: Sat 22 Aug 2020 8:16 am Hello again
I have now had 3 full days running Cumulus MX and I was thinking that everything seems to be OK. However I can only see graphs for the past 24 hours.
Is this normal,? I would have thought I would be able to view the full range. Within Cumulus 1 you could choose periods for graphing!
You can choose periods for graphing in MX too. Using the interface, open the settings menu, then the station settings. In there are two options - graph hours, which controls how many hours are displayed on the non-daily minute-by-minute graphs such as temperature and humidity; and graph days, which controls the number of days data displayed on the daily graphs such as temperature daily and rainfall daily. I have my graph hours set to 96 and graph days set to 120 - which gives 4 days of data on the minute-by-minute graphs, and 4 months of data on the daily graphs.
Freddie
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

Hi there.

The charts on the local:8998 and website trends page only show last 24 hrs by default.

As to website uploads read this: https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Cumulus_MX#To ... first_time

The \web\ folder and files need to be ftp'd to your website first of all, this sets up the static pages. You need to setup a FTP account on your webserver. Your Hosting company she have guides to how to set that up as each hosing company may have slightly different ways of doing it. Then setup cumulus with the FTP credentials.

You're paying for a service, so they will help you to achieve this.

Then in cumulus you setup the internet settings, website/FTP part in the cumulusmx local host page.
Last edited by ConligWX on Sat 22 Aug 2020 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir • CumulusMX v4.0.0

brookr

Post by brookr »

Thanks Simon
:)
brookr

Post by brookr »

Is that it with the graphs? I'm assuming that there will be more functionality once on the web? :?:
Can I view a site that is fully functional on the web using MX?
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

brookr wrote: Sat 22 Aug 2020 8:16 amI require a step by step guide on how to get my data onto http://leedsweathercentre.co.uk/, using Host presto.
:bash:
There is a simple guide here.
Freddie
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

brookr wrote: Sat 22 Aug 2020 8:44 am Is that it with the graphs? I'm assuming that there will be more functionality once on the web? :?:
You do not sound as if you think it is enough.

What do you expect?
What would you like to see?
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
galfert
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000
Operating System: Mint, Raspberry Pi OS, Synology

Post by galfert »

I would like to see a calendar interface that allows me to select any date range that I want and to then graph that.
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge RPI | CumulusMX on Synology NAS
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Tele-Pole flag pole
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Post by HansR »

@galfert: you forgot to say for which parameter you would like that feature, in which units and which line colours etc... ;)
@brookr: but in case you are more easy to satisfy than @galfert, you might take a look at CumulusUtils. May still not be great, but anyway, it's different.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
brookr

Post by brookr »

Hi
I can see that CumulusMX is better than Cumulus 1 in some respects, but I do believe it has gone backwards in functionality.
Graphing is not as comprehensive as Cumulus 1 which had the option to choose different periods of each weather parameter, dew point, rainfall etc.
and in different colours. Now that I have seen CumulusMX over a few days, it's lacking in features that cumulus1 had. CumulusMX has the option to correct errors much better, but I'm still looking at keeping Cumulus1, until MX is improved.
Rob :(