Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

no connection with build 3090

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

no connection with build 3090

Post by jlmr731 »

Did an update to 3090 and I am using a meteobridge to connect to davis vantage pro and all updated to latest versions, vantage firmware at 3.8 and I remember a long while back had an issue with loop 2 and firmware fixed that so not sure what is happening. Of course update was to copy all of zip to installed dir and all setting seem to be fine.
Zip of mxdiag run with debug on so have fun
Thanks Mark and anyone else involved.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: no connection with build 3090

Post by mcrossley »

The meteobridge just doesn't appear to be talking nicely.
jlmr731

Post by jlmr731 »

No It doesn't, its very strange. I would hook directly to it but to have a 50 foot usb cable run to the basement kinda wont work.
Mark if there is anything I can do to help or test out let me know.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Is the Meteobridge configured to do lots of other stuff? They don't have the best of connection reliability if they have lots to do
jlmr731

Post by jlmr731 »

not really just sends data to other weather networks. its a tp-link mini router running open-wrt then the meteobridge software, i dont know if there is any data or something I could do to see what comes out.
frrom the meteobridge site
Vantage Pro including wind, rain, pressure, UV, solar radiation, indoor temperature, outdoor temperature sensors. In order to connect Vantage with Meteobridge it needs one of the Davis data loggers (serial or USB). If a serial logger is used, it needs to be set to 19.200 baud and a RS232-USB converter based on Prolific pl2303 or FTDI chipset is necessary. Storage capacity of Davis logger is not used at all. Meteobridge allows parallel use of the Vantage by a PC program, which connects to the Meteobridge on port 22222 (like with a Davis IP logger). Meteobridge can also pass through the connection to the Davis station to an additional PC weather program of your liking. Therefore, you can use Meteobridge and a PC weather program in parallel.

dont know if that helps but if it passes through and has always worked prior guess there something different your trying to do
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

Have you tried stopping cumulsmx, restart meteobridge, then starting Cumulus again?
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

I doubt you will ever get a reliable connection with a 50 foot USB cable.
Distance is a major issue with USB.
The official maximum is 5 metres USB2 and 3 metres USB3

I tried all manner of extenders / multiple hubs etc etc and other tricks to try to extend USB without success.
jlmr731

Post by jlmr731 »

ConligWX wrote: Sat 15 Aug 2020 10:29 pm Have you tried stopping cumulsmx, restart meteobridge, then starting Cumulus again?
Yes that was one of the first things I did. It also loaded an updated firmware. Only thing I can think of is if The code changed seeing its a tcp connection for davis is that its trying to use the davis tcp logger instead of a pass through like usb.
Just a thought

BCJKiwi wrote: Sat 15 Aug 2020 10:41 pm I doubt you will ever get a reliable connection with a 50 foot USB cable.
Distance is a major issue with USB.
The official maximum is 5 metres USB2 and 3 metres USB3

I tried all manner of extenders / multiple hubs etc etc and other tricks to try to extend USB without success.
I have had problems with USB at 3 feet for data.
Might not be 50 feet but close enough, and the other problem would be passing usb through to a VM

But thanks this will get sorted out sooner or later and 3089 works rock solid
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

OK, I think I see the problem with b3090, the issue is I do not have a TCP connected logger to test against so code changes in TCP are always risky.
jlmr731

Post by jlmr731 »

mcrossley wrote: Sun 16 Aug 2020 11:23 am OK, I think I see the problem with b3090, the issue is I do not have a TCP connected logger to test against so code changes in TCP are always risky.
Mark if there is anything you want to test feel free to send it to me and ill test it out,
what could possibly go wrong testing untested code? :lol: