Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

b3090 not uploading realtime to website

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

forestedge
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus DFARS
Operating System: Windows 10 64 bit

b3090 not uploading realtime to website

Post by forestedge »

20200813-164918.zip
Hi Mark

I updated from b3086 to 3090 and just updated the changed files including ini. On booting up an IO error flashed by and the realtime file was not updating but everything else seems ok.
I have reverted to b3086 and it works again. Attached is the MXDiags file including the error.
Many Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: b3090 not uploading realtime to website

Post by mcrossley »

It looks like it could not find the file "Renci.SshNet.dll" in the CumulusMX folder. So either missing or corrupt?
forestedge wrote: Thu 13 Aug 2020 4:40 pm ... including ini.
ini? You just the contents of the zip.
forestedge

Post by forestedge »

It looks like it could not find the file "Renci.SshNet.dll" in the CumulusMX folder. So either missing or corrupt?
Thanks I still had the old version, missed the updated one in 3087 which is nearly twice the size!
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

As always I do not recommend just updating individual files, the only folder to be wary of is /web if you have customised the standard files. Otherwise just extract the whole zip. You cannot rely on me not missing files from the changed list. I fact it causes so many problems I'm thinking of dropping it from the release info.
ConligWX
Weather Station: Davis vPro2+ w/DFARS + AirLink
Operating System: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS

Post by ConligWX »

mcrossley wrote: Thu 13 Aug 2020 7:34 pm I fact it causes so many problems I'm thinking of dropping it from the release info.
I think that's a wise choice Mark. It does create confusion and complications. better to advise users just to backup the full CumulusMX folder and then copy in the whole zip contents.
Regards Simon

https://www.conligwx.org - @conligwx
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus with Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • Davis AirLink • PurpleAir •

HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bullseye

Post by HansR »

mcrossley wrote: Thu 13 Aug 2020 7:34 pm I fact it causes so many problems I'm thinking of dropping it from the release info.
Imaginable but bad from informatics point of view. Users need to know what changed.

It's more the freedom of installation they have which is problematic. Users seem to think that files are there just for selecting what they think, or think to know, is enough or required. If there was an installation script/procedure which forces an installation on the user, there would be much less problems I assume. The log file of that procedure would be required with a support request. Or a file check procedure could come in handy. If a user messes with the installation.... bad luck: reinstall required.

With regards to the website where the user may make mods: just make a copy so the user can find back what he did or only copy it during an initial install (that would be easy to detect I guess)

Something like that.
But don't leave out release notes, that is a bad habit.

Note: I always copy the whole distribution tree (I don't use the website so did not modify anything there): never a problem!
Note2: and even with the above you can be sure users will hack around just for the crack. So a check on the installation would probably best and least effort. Then require users to send in MXdiags and the filecheck log on support request. If not, no support.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3
forestedge

Post by forestedge »

mcrossley wrote: Thu 13 Aug 2020 7:34 pm As always I do not recommend just updating individual files, the only folder to be wary of is /web if you have customised the standard files. Otherwise just extract the whole zip. You cannot rely on me not missing files from the changed list. I fact it causes so many problems I'm thinking of dropping it from the release info.
Installation of 3090 now completed ok. I understand why the full zip is recommended, with the volume and scope of updates now I will do this in future with the exception of the web folder.
Are the ini settings retained when this method is used or should it be copied back in?
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

There should be no Cumulus.ini supplied in the release so you should always retain your own version. If there is one it is a mistake.
David