Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Date Format

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

The Dalek Hunter
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000B, Ecowitt GW2000
Operating System: macOS Sonoma on a Mac Mini M2

Date Format

Post by The Dalek Hunter »

Years ago I used to use Cumulus running on a Windows machine connected to a Fine Offset USB Station.
The I moved to WeeWX running on a Raspberry Pi connected to the Fine Offset USB Station.
Then I got a Davis Vantage Pro 2 connected to the PI and then for the last two years I have been running a Vantage Pro 2 connected via a USB Data Logger to a Mac Mini running WeatherCat

https://wx-watch.co.uk

I have just got a Weatherlink Live and was looking around for some software to try it out other than Weatherlink. I came across CumulusMX and very rapidly got it set up and working on a Raspberry Pi 4

https://LongSutton-Weather.co.uk

The only thing I would like to alter is the date format - it is US format 2020-08-04 whereas I would like it as 4th August 2020

Thanks

JH
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Date Format

Post by PaulMy »

I would like it as 4th August 2020
Looks like you are on the support team... issue resolved!
Conditions at local time 14:01 on 05 August 2020
Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
The Dalek Hunter

Yes - it seemed to sort itself out when I set the correct locale on the Raspberry Pi

I can't however sorry out the last rainfall date - it reads "Last rainfall 2020-08-04 11:08"

Can I change that?

JH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

That value is set by a web tag in your template which can be found at CumulusMX/web/indexT.htm

Have a look at web tags in the Wiki for details on how to change the formatting.
Freddie
The Dalek Hunter

Ok - I have found <#LastRainTipISO> in indexT.htm and changed it to <#LastRainTip> which then changes the output to "Last rainfall 04/08/2020"

The Wiki says I can pass modifiers to <#LastRainTip> to get the format I am after (for example) ie 02:35 on 4th August 2020

How do I pass these modifiers

Many thanks

JH
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

The Dalek Hunter wrote: Wed 05 Aug 2020 1:13 pm the last rainfall date - it reads "Last rainfall 2020-08-04 11:08"
freddie wrote: Wed 05 Aug 2020 1:20 pm Have a look at web tags in the Wiki for details on how to change the formatting.
Well done for spotting that the standard web pages (as shown in your image) use an old tag that is fixed format.

Now you have replaced <#LastRainTipISO> with the new web tag only available from release 3.6.1 - <#LastRainTip>, https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Webtags#List_ ... parameters tells you what modifiers are available and gives examples.
The Dalek Hunter wrote: Wed 05 Aug 2020 1:48 pm the format I am after (for example) ie 02:35 on 4th August 2020
<#LastRainTip format="HH:mm' on 'd MMMM yyyy"> gives close to what you want. Note that the literal ' on ' requires its surrounding spaces to be within the single quotes, and because there are other spaces (separating parts of date) the whole format specifier is in double quotes.

The "th" may be possible, but nobody has asked for that format before, so I don't know! Start your search at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... at-strings
Last edited by sfws on Wed 05 Aug 2020 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dalek Hunter

Many thanks

All done

JH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

sfws wrote: Wed 05 Aug 2020 1:58 pm The "th" may be possible, but nobody has asked for that format before, so I don't know! Start your search at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet ... at-strings
It's not possible using the custom format strings - you'd have to write your own code to do it.