Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

NOAA reports

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

madyorky
Weather Station: WH 1081
Operating System: Raspbian Jessie

NOAA reports

Post by madyorky »

I am having an issue regenerating my NOAA reports for 2020
I have no NOAA report for Jan - June.
I have tried to regenerate but no updates.
I have moved all the generated reports to a safe folder and then tried to regenerate but still nothing.

I have just updated to the latest just in case there was an issue with my install. I renewed all the files just retaining the data and backup folders...

Any ideas how to fix ?

Ian
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: NOAA reports

Post by mcrossley »

Please zip up and attach your MXdiags folder here.
madyorky

Post by madyorky »

MXdiags.zip
Hi,
MXDiags folder zipped as requested

Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

I looked at several of those logs, and cannot find any reference to NOAA. Tell us when you tried to regenerate your NOAA report?

It might be because none of those logs cover 4 July when you made your first post and the date when I thought it would have been that you tried to regenerate the reports.

As an aside, I can see you use midnight rollover, and that you have restarted MX multiple times including a matter of seconds before rollover and closed it a few minutes after rollover. It is usually best if you don't start/stop within say 10 minutes of any hour as MX does a lot of actions on the hour, and especially don't stop/start close to rollover.

I also see several FTP failures, but none involving NOAA. But that might be a clue to problems with missing settings in your installation?
madyorky wrote: Tue 04 Aug 2020 8:26 pm I am having an issue regenerating my NOAA reports for 2020
I have no NOAA report for Jan - June.
I have tried to regenerate but no updates.
You say you have no reports for January to June. I assume you were trying to create these reports using admin interface Reports menu, selecting date and clicking regenerate. What happened? Presumably you were able to select the date you wanted? Presumably you did click Re-generate? You should then get a pop up saying report regenerated even if there is no data available for that month. Did you see that pop-up message? If you did not, did you see any error message? What was on that web page next?

Another time, restart MX using

Code: Select all

sudo mono CumulusMX.exe -debug
Then repeat what you did before to try to create the NOAA reports. Then zip up and post the MXDiags file that covers that period.
Last edited by sfws on Wed 05 Aug 2020 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Have you updated from Cumulus 1 to Cumulus MX?

If so, have you done the step to change the NOAA monthly filename templates?

MonthFileFormat="NOAAMO"mmyy".txt" --> MonthFileFormat='NOAAMO'MMyy'.txt'
sfws

Post by sfws »

mcrossley wrote: Wed 05 Aug 2020 4:31 pm have you done the step to change the NOAA monthly filename templates?
Further advice on NOAA file naming at https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Webtags#The_f ... ng_reports if your name does not match Mark's example.

By the way, have you tried to regenerate the yearly report? That should not have any naming issue, and would check regeneration process works.
madyorky

Post by madyorky »

I did upgrade from v1 to mx a couple of years ago.
Currently running on windows 10.
I checked and altered NOAA format as suggested
I enabled debugging through the interface.
I was using FTP for a test but I disabled it. I have checked and there are no settings in FTP

Would you suggest I disable the midnight roll over?

I have run the regenerate for Jan - Aug and saw the pop up saying it has done it but only data in last few days of June report, All July and start of August.
Latest MXdiags
MXDIAGS-2.zip
Also cumulus.ini just in case..
Cumulus.zip
Also noted that it will not regenerate any other years also...

Ian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

I'm not sure what is happening here. I'm not able to check the source code at the moment, but could you enable debug logging and generate a report again, then post the MXdiag log. A long shot but it may contain a bit more info.
sfws

Post by sfws »

madyorky wrote: Wed 05 Aug 2020 9:04 pm Currently running on windows 10.
I checked and altered NOAA format as suggested
I enabled debugging through the interface.
I have run the regenerate for Jan - Aug and saw the pop up saying it has done it but only data in last few days of June report, All July and start of August.
Numbers refers to lines in above quote
1) Sorry, I did not realise you were running on Windows. Your profile says "Raspbian Jessie" and that is why I quoted a Sudo command.
2) The Cumulus.ini confirms that your NOAA month format is now correct. Obviously, a lot of the settings in that file were inserted by Cumulus 1 and are ignored by MX, but all the MX settings seem to be there and seem to be correct on a quick look. The StartDate=25/12/2013 entry confirms that MX should look for all 2020 log files (and earlier years) in your data folder.
3) Each of the 3 files in that second zip has "Debug logging is disabled". If you did switch debugging on in Admin interface settings menu, station settings page, options section; it did not switch debugging on, I expect you forgot to also click the "Save" button at the bottom of the page. Don't stop Cumulus and restart it after changing that setting as that will turn it off. In fact it is best to minimise how often you restart MX, MX works best if left running.
4) Are you now saying only June report has problems? Do you definitely have data in June (standard) log file for whole month? The report is generated partly from that June file and partly from dayfile.txt. If you are saying January to May has no data, then that suggests to me that the standard log files are not found for those months in the data folder. If we can't work out what is going wrong from a diagnostic log with debugging really turned on, then we may need a zip including relevant files from your data folder.

For debug logging started using a parameter, the start command for you is

Code: Select all

"C:\Users\madyo\OneDrive\Weather Station\Cumulus MX\CumulusMX.exe -debug"
if you use that it most definitely is on for whatever you do afterwards (unless you stop and restart without the parameter).

Check you have debugging diagnostics on when you generate report again. Then zip again as per Mark's request; only the one file covering when you do the regenerate is needed.
madyorky

Post by madyorky »

Done as requested and left it running for a while..
I usually run cumulus a few times a week to collect the data...

Has the problem with the software locking up when reading from fine offset stations?
This was the only reason I moved back from my pi-zero.. it used to lock and then i would have to reset the data files to collect the missing data... :groan:
mxdiag 3.zip
madyorky

Post by madyorky »

I think I have found my problem.
Corruption of the dayfile.

Going to create new folder with a backup copy of the dayfile and set the ini file back to the last entry and see if that gets missing data

Ian
madyorky

Post by madyorky »

After reading another post about missing NOAA data being linked to corrupt dayfile I have successfully replayed the missing data into a backup of my dayfile which then allowed me to regenerate NOAA files.

Thanks for the advice and a good piece of software.. :D
mcrossley

Post by mcrossley »

Glad you found this issue.