Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Update Script?

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Update Script?

Post by sfws »

Looking at your script, and reading how you are still trying to get it right, I still believe my MX updating approach using http://www.codesector.com/teracopy is easier, quicker, simpler, and safer. But, your approach might be more fun for you, and suit you.
My tool replaces just the new files and it verifies each file copied so I update quickly and reliably.

As you can see on the linked page it handles locked files and works unattended once you start it by clicking on the unzipped folder just as you would with a normal windows (or mac) copy.
Settings like copy only updated files and verify files can be set up as defaults. This particular tool can't do FTP transfers for those installing MX on another device, but there are other similar tools to copy only updated files with FTP option.

I don't need to look at the list of files in the release announcement, I don't worry if the release announcement content has typos or missing details. In your approach, you could make typos or other errors in creating that list of files. My update is finished in less time than it takes you to read the release announcement, type in your list of files, and set your script off.

I always download to same directory and always overwrite CumulusMX (although I do have a backup of previous installation).
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Re: Update Script?

Post by beteljuice »

I am not used to serverpath referencing in DOS so I do not understand where the dir listing begins eg.

Code: Select all

OK .\\\webfiles\js\cumuluscharts.js ....
in terms of the target destination.
D:dir and D:\dir are both valid.
... but why wasn't your destination S:\CumulusMX ?

Note: limitation of using xcopy - destination must be a different disk to the one containing the files to be copied'

If you change

set "source_file_full=%source%\!FILE:%source%=!"
	to
		set "source_file_full=%source%!FILE:%source%=!"
It may make the o/p display a little more correct.
... and to get rid of overwrite existing prompts add /y flag

@xcopy "!source_file_full!" "!dest_file_full!" /s /i /q /y
... anythiong else you're on your own ...
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !