Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Month file not updating or creating

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

ironeagleuk
Weather Station: Maplins N96GY (Watson W-8681)
Operating System: Windows 7 Home

Month file not updating or creating

Post by ironeagleuk »

Hi All

Not been here for a long time, but been using Cumulus 1 for about 11 years.

Decided to take the plunge and upgrade to CumulusMX.

I am installing on a new computer, and all seems to be ok....apart from...

When I first installed Friday night, I had my Fine Offset used as the initial weatherstation, and everything seemed to be working ok locally, and updating a second instance of a website.

There were no datafiles copied over at the time, but it created all required, including the MonthFile for JUN20

I then remembered I had an Oregon Scientific WMR88 so wanted to use that instead (I wanted to keep existing Cumulus1 working with FineOffset til all setup). So I changed the Weather Station type in Settings to OS WMR100 (is that the right one for WMR88?)...but since then, the Monthly File JUN20 didn't update.

I have deleted the file, and it hasn't recreated it. So copied over the JUN20 file from my Cumulus1 installation and it's still not updating.

Is this because I changed the Weather station type?...or is something unrelated caused this?

I have tried searching for an answer, and restarting etc, but I can't find a resolution
Richard

sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Month file not updating or creating

Post by sfws »

The best way to ask for help, in a way that makes it easier for others to help you, is to follow these instructions, you have followed some, but not all:
If your question relates do an ongoing problem with using MX, then please follow these instructions, don't just post "Help me":

1) In admin interface Settings tab, station settings, Options section, select debug logging. This adds a lot of extra information to the log designed to help answer questions when someone has a problem.
2) If your problem relates to uploading to your remote web server, then in admin interface, settings tab, internet settings screen, Web/FTP settings section, about 2/3 way down, select FTP logging
3) Leave MX running for a while, hopefully long enough for several instances of your problem to reoccur
4) Stop MX
5) zip the latest file updated in CumulusMX/MXDiags folder. Add into zip, any log files that seem relevant to your question, and any other files you have modified from their content in the MX distribution if those files are relevant to your problem.
6) At this point you can optionally try restarting MX
7) Now ask your question in the correct sub-forum Cumulus MX Current (releases since b3043)
8) Use the attachment tab below the posting window to upload your zip. In the post explain your problem, and quote any settings (do not disclose passwords) that might be relevant. Also state what device you are running MX on, and on what device you view the admin interface.
9) If your problem relates to uploading, some information on your web server structure can help.
10) If your problem relates to the admin interface say so.
11 ) If your problem relates to web pages on your own web server (not server generated for the admin interface) say so, and which web pages you are using, and (if relevant) PHP version being used.
12 ) Given the right information, as listed above, permits other people to answer your question easily.

That quote is taken from https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Cumulus_MX#Wh ... _a_problem
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

So I changed the Weather Station type in Settings to OS WMR100 (is that the right one for WMR88?)...but since then, the Monthly File JUN20 didn't update.
I don't have an Oregon station but see in Cumulus1 settings that there are 5 Oregon stations supported and in MX the listing is 4, with WMR88 not listed in MX. From past forum posts the WMR88 is supported. Hopefully someone that has the WMR88 can reply on which to select in MX.

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Post by rogerthn »

ironeagleuk wrote: Sun 07 Jun 2020 11:47 am I then remembered I had an Oregon Scientific WMR88 so wanted to use that instead (I wanted to keep existing Cumulus1 working with FineOffset til all setup). So I changed the Weather Station type in Settings to OS WMR100 (is that the right one for WMR88?)...but since then, the Monthly File JUN20 didn't update.
I do have an Oregon Scientific WMR88 and I'm running Cumulus v3.0.0 (3038), if it ain't broken don't fix it ;-) with Type=8 in Cumulus.ini i.e. Oregon Scientific WMR100
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

sfws wrote: Sun 07 Jun 2020 12:35 pm The best way to ask for help, in a way that makes it easier for others to help you, is to follow these instructions, you have followed some, but not all:

That quote is taken from https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Cumulus_MX#Wh ... _a_problem
I'm not sure what more I can add, apart from the attached files.

But since I posted this, it doesn't look like the files have been updating to my website either now, except the gauges....could this be related?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard

beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Well Richard ...

According to your ftp log .. The ONLY files you are uploading are realtime.txt and realtimegauges.txt - where are the rest ?
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

beteljuice wrote: Mon 08 Jun 2020 2:31 am Well Richard ...

According to your ftp log .. The ONLY files you are uploading are realtime.txt and realtimegauges.txt - where are the rest ?
I have no idea.....maybe I should compare my existing Cumulus 1 files with Cumulus MX.
As I said originally, my initial problem is that the Month file (Jun20.txt) isn't being updated, or even created.....so something seems to have "broken" inbetween changing from Fine Offset to WMR88.

Only thing I can think of doing is to start the install from scratch....but was hoping that maybe this had cropped up before and someone may have a resolution
Richard

PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

The MXdiags shows:
2020-06-07 19:25:08.595 Normal running
2020-06-07 19:25:08.596 Sending reset
2020-06-07 19:25:08.604 Start loop
2020-06-07 19:25:40.741 Error encountered during Realtime MySQL operation.
2020-06-07 19:25:40.741 Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061):
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:3306
2020-06-07 19:26:00.136 Minimum data set of pressure, temperature, and wind is not available and NoSensorCheck is not enabled. Skip processing
From that at minimum the sensors need to be fixed or NoSensorCheck=1 set in Cumulus.ini

Enjoy,
Paul
VP2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https://komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX https:// komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

PaulMy wrote: Mon 08 Jun 2020 3:11 pm The MXdiags shows:
2020-06-07 19:25:08.595 Normal running
2020-06-07 19:25:08.596 Sending reset
2020-06-07 19:25:08.604 Start loop
2020-06-07 19:25:40.741 Error encountered during Realtime MySQL operation.
2020-06-07 19:25:40.741 Can't connect to MySQL server on '127.0.0.1' (10061):
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:3306
2020-06-07 19:26:00.136 Minimum data set of pressure, temperature, and wind is not available and NoSensorCheck is not enabled. Skip processing
From that at minimum the sensors need to be fixed or NoSensorCheck=1 set in Cumulus.ini

Enjoy,
Paul
That could be something. My wind instruments aren't currently connected, assume due to the batteries having run out, but not got up the pole yet.
I can't find a NoSensorCheck attribute in Cumulus.ini though

Edit:
I have found where to add the NoSensorCheck and it's worked....thank you.
I now have data going to the website, and JUN20.txt is updating
Richard

ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

Things seem to be working.....except the Trends page on my website

I had a search of the forum, and it's very similar to this, but I can't resolve it at the moment: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17986&hilit=trends

Following the info on that link I saw that graphconfig.json was showing a 404 file not found, and I have the same problem.

The file is on my website in the root as can be seen by the attached image

I am using Chrome, but have also tried Edge and IE and get the same result

Here's a link to the page: http://www.ironeagleuk.co.uk/cumulus2/trends.htm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Richard

beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

You are running your own M$ server ?

I think this may be your problem
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

beteljuice wrote: Tue 09 Jun 2020 12:39 am You are running your own M$ server ?

I think this may be your problem
Not my own server, it's a website hosted by FastHosts
Richard

sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

ironeagleuk wrote: Mon 08 Jun 2020 11:57 pm Things seem to be working.....except the Trends page on my website

I had a search of the forum, and it's very similar to this, but I can't resolve it at the moment: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17986&hilit=trends

Following the info on that link I saw that graphconfig.json was showing a 404 file not found, and I have the same problem.

The file is on my website in the root as can be seen by the attached image

I am using Chrome, but have also tried Edge and IE and get the same result

Here's a link to the page: http://www.ironeagleuk.co.uk/cumulus2/trends.htm
So the problem has changed from what the subject says in this topic.

Ok, one of the Cumulus.ini differences between Cumulus 1 and MX that I had forgotten about when updating the MX FAQ recently is:

Cumulus 1:

Code: Select all

[FTP site]
AutoUpdate=1
IncludeSTD=1
IncludeSTDImages=1
Cumulus MX:

[FTP site]
AutoUpdate=1
IncludeSTD=1
IncludeGraphDataFiles=1
In other words, there is a different parameter for Trends. Check you have IncludeGraphDataFiles=1

In the admin interface, this is ticking Include graph data files reached by Settings tab, Internet settings, web/FTP settings section
ironeagleuk

Post by ironeagleuk »

sfws wrote: Tue 09 Jun 2020 10:11 am

Ok, one of the Cumulus.ini differences between Cumulus 1 and MX that I had forgotten about when updating the MX FAQ recently is:

Cumulus 1:

[FTP site]
AutoUpdate=1
IncludeSTD=1
IncludeSTDImages=1
Cumulus MX:

[FTP site]
AutoUpdate=1
IncludeSTD=1
IncludeGraphDataFiles=1
In other words, there is a different parameter for Trends. Check you have IncludeGraphDataFiles=1

In the admin interface, this is ticking Include graph data files reached by Settings tab, Internet settings, web/FTP settings section
Ok, it looks like it's fixed now.

Those values were there in the Cumulus.ini already, so I couldn't make any changes.

I hadn't looked at my webhosting dashboard for awhile, so thought I would check that, and apparently there were some out of date components which I needed to update, not sure why it's not done automatically though, unless they worry about them making changes that might break websites.
Anyway, I made the changes, but saw I could upgrade at a cheaper price than I am currently paying.....so I have updated my package.

So things seem to be working, thank you.

Apologies for not creating a new thread with this new problem, I shall do in future.....for the time being I think this is closed
Richard