Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

SQL update after reboot / Cumulus not running

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

vachah
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Raspian

SQL update after reboot / Cumulus not running

Post by vachah »

Hello together,
I went through forum, tried several searches but with no result so I'm trying with question.
When Cumulus is not running for some while and then it is started again, it starts with "Downloading Archive Data" (two times - in my case). But the question is - is there some possibility to send this (archive) data also to SQL DB? In my case the data are not pushed to SQL and I can't find the way how to do this.
Thanks for some hint!
jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Re: SQL update after reboot / Cumulus not running

Post by jlmr731 »

The Downloading Archive Data" (two times - in my case) is normal, something about double checking that data has been downloaded properly.
As far as it updating the SQL database only Monthly, and dayfile (if time has elapsed past midnight or when you set roll over) the realtime does not get updated.
So if monthly is not being updated for you check your MXDIAG file (the latest one) to see if any errors or you can post a copy here and someone can examine to see whats going on.
also has this always been the case or since one of the latest versions ?
vachah
Weather Station: Davis VP2
Operating System: Raspian

Post by vachah »

For me the two times reading data is no problem, I understand the reason.
What I'm trying to handle with is Realtime table update. During last days I've some troubles with stability on my RPI 3b. Now I'm running Cumulus build 3079. Last crash was today morning. And while I'm working with the values through Grafana I'd like to have all data in Realtime table in MySQL.
But if I'm right - there is no possibility to configure this load during recovery. True?
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

vachah wrote: Wed 03 Jun 2020 9:22 pm there is no possibility to configure this load during recovery. True?
True.

Each set of Realtime data is generated from what is available at current time.
It is impossible to go back and work out what was current at times when your RPI device was not receiving the current time values. Where could you read that missing information from?
Last edited by sfws on Thu 04 Jun 2020 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
jlmr731
Weather Station: Davis vantage pro 2
Operating System: Debian

Post by jlmr731 »

if your putting data in for grafana you might want to use the monthly table as that will be updated when you reload cumulus just a thought.