Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Monthly Cumulus Database

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

richard_newberry
Weather Station: Watson W-8186
Operating System: Raspbian Bookworm & Debian 12

Monthly Cumulus Database

Post by richard_newberry »

I have wondered why the monthly cumulus database is updating every minute when it's not set to?

I am not using extra web files no more. Everything is using FTP up from a raspberry pi to a Debian Server.

I live in a flat and don't have planning permission to setup a weather station here so its where my parents live.
Desford Weather (at parents)
https://desford-weather.co.uk

Countesthorpe Weather (at mine)
https://countesthorpe-weather.co.uk
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: Monthly Cumulus Database

Post by sfws »

richard_newberry wrote: Tue 19 May 2020 11:13 pm I have wondered why the monthly cumulus database is updating every minute when it's not set to?
You do need to access the admin interface to change this. Do you do this from your flat?

Are you saying you don't want it to update? (Settings tab; MySQL screen; Monthly Log File Upload; untick "Enabled")
Or are you saying you want it to update less often? (Settings tab; Station settings screen; (below Ecowitt GW1000 Settings) ;Log interval box)
Last edited by sfws on Wed 20 May 2020 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mapantz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 11 x64

Post by Mapantz »

Doesn't the Monthly database update to whatever archive interval/log you have set? It must be set to one minute on yours if it is doing that?

Station settings -> Log Interval (must match your stations archive interval)
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

Mapantz wrote: Wed 20 May 2020 10:34 am Doesn't the Monthly database update to whatever archive interval/log you have set?
Yes, unless you are doing via a custom SQL command option.