Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New router & lost signal

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

New router & lost signal

Post by aznetcowboy »

I had to replace my router when it died and now I am not getting my reading from my Davis weather station to the Cumulus software. I keep getting an error message about it is unable to initialize. I have restarted Cumulus a number of times and even shut down the computer and when restarting the computer I still get this error.

I know one thing that has changed is the IP range went from 192.168.0 to 198.168.1 which makes me ask what the IP Address in the Station Configuration page is supposed to be pointing to? I have done nothing to that in years and I just don't remember anymore what the purpose of that IP Address is. :oops:

So right now my station is off the air completely until I get this resolved. :cry:
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us
malkie
Weather Station: Davis Vision-Vue
Operating System: Raspbian Jessie

Re: New router & lost signal

Post by malkie »

You will have to give a bit more information.

What Operating system and device are you running CumulusMX on?

What type of weather station?
Malcolm
North Herts, UK
http://elm30net.ddns.net
CumulusMX on Raspberry Pi4 B+ 2GB, running on Raspbian Buster booting from USB SSD
from a Davis Vantage Vue with VP2 ISS.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

If it is a WiFi attached Davis as your profile says then you need to change that IP address as that is how Cumulus talks to the weather station. If you use the Admin interface of your router you should be able to see the IP address of the Davis station that the router has allocated.

You then need to put that into the Davis configuration in the Cumulus station setup.

At the moment you still have the old IP address in Cumulus and since that Network no longer exists it cannot find the Davis station.
David
aznetcowboy
Weather Station: Davis 6153 Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Post by aznetcowboy »

I finally got it working. It was a combination of things. First was the router replacement. I got one from the local cable company on the advice of my Son-in-Law who works there. It was an older model that looked like a big black brick called a Wave 2 Router. It wanted to do things its way, not the way my system had been setup before. so all the settings got changed before I realized it. And because of all the messing around, my ISP's software decided someone might be hacking into my system and blocked my IP address. I never gave that a thought, but they finally contacted me and between them unblocking my IP address and my going back to my older backup router, things are working now.
:bash:
What a hassle!
Tom Wills
Ridge Run Weather Station: http://www.ridgerun.us