Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Trend page spacing

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Trend page spacing

Post by water01 »

I think you are missing the other element and that is the file that Mark supplies called settings.php.

In there you can set the JSOn location and the JpGraphs location.

Code: Select all

$GRAPH['jsonloc']        = '/usr/share/CumulusMX/web/';
//$GRAPH['jsonloc']        = '/';         // NOTE: This is the *server* operating system path to the file, so unless you have added
                                        // the web folder to your PHP path, it will be something like "/home/<userid>/www/"
$GRAPH['jpgraphloc']     = 'jpgraph/';  // NOTE: Same path type as json above
David
TheBridge
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by TheBridge »

settings.php appears, as it is pointing to the server, it should be located on the PC side rather then the server side. I only find a settings.php on the server side (it has no contents however) and nothing on the PC side.

I wish we could be in a pub and talk about all this. But distance (I am near Santa Barbara California) and our restriction to 'stay at home' make this not possible. But everyone in the States is using ZOOM now (business, schools, personal) for video conference calling each each other. It is free as long as you have 3 or less people on the call and the call is limited to 40-minutes (at which time you just setup up another call and away you go)
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

No the code as it states is for the server side settings, it should not be on your PC as PHP is a server based language and gets interpreted when you run the the code on the server.

It sometimes can be difficult sometimes to figure what is happening where but rule of thumb is PHP on server, Jscript on browser on PC (not always but mostly!!).

The picture may help.

My JSON files are loaded to weatherbos. The JpGraphs have their own directory. The php code (including the modified settings.php) and the .htaccess file live in the images directory and the gauges.js lives in scripts.
bosdir.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
David
TheBridge
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by TheBridge »

David, too many pieces with no map as to what goes where and where to make the adjustments. Without knowing what drives what my frustration says I'll put this aside. I had hope to get this right and then go back and document for others to follow and be more successful (than I)...but that has not happened. I was only pursuing trying to get the pop-ups in ss to work from a personal challenge perspective more than a 'need it' basis. The new trends graphs in MX are great and I'll leave it that, which is in no way a bad thing.

Thank you for your time and patience,
Bridge