Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Trend page spacing

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

TheBridge
Weather Station: Davis
Operating System: Windows 10

Trend page spacing

Post by TheBridge »

My Website: https://climate.tommueller.com/trends.htm

1. The Trend page is great however the spacing is off. I suppose it is basic HTML however I can learn and change if you point me where that change needs to be made
2. The Trend page is not seeing the updated JSON files on the webserver side (they are there in the root directory). I'm using MX however the JSON files on the server side are not being 'seen' by the trend page. Where can I check that connection?
3. The Trend page is very nice. I am using steelgauges and liked the popups on the gauges in Cumulus 1 but I have died miserably trying to figure out why I can get the JPGraphs to work in the new MX environment. So to cut my losses and clean this up, how do I shut off the popup trend graphs (which are not being updated) on my steelgauges gauges page? https://climate.tommueller.com/gauges-ss-crows.htm

Thank you in advance.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Trend page spacing

Post by mcrossley »

Your trends page is still the C1 web page not the CMX version?

If you want to switch off the popups you will have to edit the gauges.js file.

Around line 50 you will find two settings...
showPopupData : true,
showPopupGraphs : true,

They control the popups, you can just disable the graphs and leave the data, or switch them off completely by disabling both options.

What issues were you having with the JPGraphs? Maybe somebody can help you.
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

I fixed the Trends page.
I apparently overlaid C1's xT.htm files in my separate MX instance.
I have turned off the popups and data...for now
I removed the sun/solar off the Trends page (I do not have those sensors on my D-VP to support these).
https://climate.tommueller.com/trends.htm

The Trend page header and bottom link buttons are good but alas no graphs displayed. I have obviously (and unfortunately in my flailing) changed some file pointers in some files, for the worse. What generates the data & graphs and I'll try to follow that trail?

Regarding the JPGraphs install....I can throw a rope out in the forum to get some help or possibly can you can point me as to where the JPGraphs files go (i.e. which side, PC or Server side directories) and what files need to be adjusted to engage the JPG system. I read any number of previous postings saying 'this is how you do it' but after 3 separates goes at this I am still on the beach.

I recently retired and if I can get out the woods with all this, I should like to dedicate some time to writing documentation as to updating, installing various aspects of C1 and MX. It would be most helpful to the novice. I see there is a strong group of person around Cumulus forums and this would also make it easier for them to point the 'unlearned' (which I count myself as one) presently to such document libraries and let their challenges be focused on new frontiers in Cumulus evolution.

Bridge
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Post by freddie »

TheBridge wrote: Wed 08 Apr 2020 8:42 pmThe Trend page header and bottom link buttons are good but alas no graphs displayed. I have obviously (and unfortunately in my flailing) changed some file pointers in some files, for the worse. What generates the data & graphs and I'll try to follow that trail?
If you open the "developer tools" utility (press F12 with your browse open) and select the "network" tab - then reload your page, and the parts of the code that can't be found will be displayed. This should be your starting point.

Good luck - and come back with any questions you may have.
Freddie
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

Just a few files missing ;)

Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://climate.tommueller.com/lib/jque ... est.min.js”. trends.htm:133:1
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://climate.tommueller.com/lib/high ... ghstock.js”. trends.htm:134:1
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://climate.tommueller.com/lib/high ... es/grid.js”. trends.htm:135:1
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://climate.tommueller.com/js/cumuluscharts.js”.

Have the js and lib directories been copied to your website ?
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

Well that F12 is a dream!! Progress has been made!
Last issue is it show sthere are no x.png file that the gauges page uses** to popup the small trend graphs. jquery.min.js is shown, in the F12 diagnostic, but where are the .png files made and where is it directed in the system to put the .png files into directory x.y.z (just making that up) into a certain directory (on the website that is?). If they can show-up in the /images/ directory this may then be finally done!

** Gauges pages: https://climate.tommueller.com/gauges-ss-crows.htm

Bridgeman
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

mcrossley wrote: Wed 08 Apr 2020 9:00 am Your trends page is still the C1 web page not the CMX version?
TheBridge wrote: Thu 09 Apr 2020 1:57 am ** Gauges pages: https://climate.tommueller.com/gauges-ss-crows.htm
Is that the gauges page included in the MX download, or (like you had with trends) the SS gauges page you had with Cumulus 1?
The .png images you talk about sound like the Cumulus 1 images, MX does not supply these, there is information about an alternative at viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13189

The announcements - please read first viewtopic.php?f=40&t=17887 make it clear that the two sets of web pages are not interchangeable, you may have added some customisation to your old pages, but you need to add that now to the new pages.
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

I am referring to the (hover invoked) pop-up trend charts on steelgauges gauge web page...which I understand can work under MX as long as you properly install JPGauges (which I believe creates the.png files)... which I have apparently not done correctly as yet. I am asking if someone may have some experience in this.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Post by water01 »

The topic swfs referred to viewtopic.php?f=40&t=13189 is the one that explains how to get the pop-up graphs to work on Cumulus MX.

The very important piece is the use of .htaccess file that forces the image being asked for by gauges.js to open and use the appropriate piece of PHP code to create the image. It is quite a difficult concept to get your head around but it works.
David
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

Thank you water01.
'Mr. Novice' here....where is the .htaccess going to be placed after adjustments are completed?
water01

Post by water01 »

Assuming you are going to place the images in the images directory on your webserver it goes in there and you direct gauges.js to it by setting the variable at line 38.

Code: Select all

imgPathURL         : 'images/',            // *** Change this to the relative path for your 'Trend' graph images  
Here are my pop-ups working on my gauges http://www.dmjsystems.co.uk/weatherbos/gauges-ss.php
David
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

I have it directed in the gauges and gauge-ss files however there are no PNG images in the 'image' directory. The problem is upstream somewhere in getting the PNGs generated and in place in 'images'.
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

The JSON versions of image files are being updated and landing on the server's (MX) 'root' directory rather than in '<root directory>/images' directory. I believe the PNGs are made from the JSONs? What file from the PC MX side, that I need to modify, sets the server target directory for the JSON files.

I can't wait to help write install docs and make a file map for this :D

Bridge
water01

Post by water01 »

The JSON files are put in the default directory stated in the Cumulus setting "Remote FTP Directory" which is in Settings /Internet Settings.
David
TheBridge

Post by TheBridge »

Thank you water01,
So if JPGraphs is assuming they are in the (sever) root directory, as you said, then the settings for the image directory in gauges-SS script are for storing the PNG images? and not as the source directory for JPGraphs to get the JSON files with which to make the PNG files...as I had incorrectly assumed.

As the JSON files are in my root directory (and being updated) then my last key is as the why they are not being picked up by JPGraphs and acted on in creating PNGs.

As always thank you,
A bit of an Alice In wonderland I am, Bridge