Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

RESOLVED - Build 3070 - user interface Data Logs menu

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

RESOLVED - Build 3070 - user interface Data Logs menu

Post by sfws »

After my "build 3069" post experience I have included the developer web console in this screen shot
dayfile.PNG
The problem, if you have not guessed it, is that none of the items within the Data Logs menu actually display file contents. The others display "Select month" , a drop down, and the "Load" button, but otherwise are identical with this image with the same two messages in the console.

And it is not a problem with my Firefox settings, the same happens in Opera (I have not tweaked any options in that). I have also tried a range of browsers on my mobile, all identical result.

Note this problem did not exist in 3069 when I had the issue with "settings", I did try this menu, and it did work. So it is some interface file that I have somehow got a different version of when I installed 3070 into a different folder to the folder I used for 3069.
I have waited before posting this, because I hoped someone else would have this problem and report the solution.

EDIT - Changed topic title by added RESOLVED
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sfws on Wed 01 Apr 2020 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: Build 3070 - user interface Data Logs menu

Post by water01 »

This looks like the same problem as others have had when the dayfile.txt wasn't found.
David
HansR
Weather Station: GW1100 (WS80/WH40)
Operating System: Raspberry OS/Bookworm

Re: Build 3070 - user interface Data Logs menu

Post by HansR »

Apparently it is an issue in datatables.min.js.
Personally I don't have the problem anywhere, not in FF, Opera nor Chrome.
I would assume some version problem in that library.

Try a full upgrade of the interface directory tree (Do all of Cumulus for that matter).
If you want to debug, try the non-minimised version, otherwise I guess it's Mark who needs to look at it.
Hans

https://meteo-wagenborgen.nl
CMX build 4017+ ● RPi 3B+ ● Raspbian Linux 6.1.21-v7+ armv7l ● dotnet 8.0.3