Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

v3043 to v3070

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

tomcatuk
Weather Station: ----> Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685

v3043 to v3070

Post by tomcatuk »

Been running the v3043 on my home computer doing manual updating (since 2017) and it's not set to upload anywhere, I have recently also tried v3070 on another drive that seems to work nicely as well, is there a way to copy the necessary bits, data etc over into the latest version or it it a matter of just starting over again?
The only thing I noticed v3070 complain's about when starting was "No historic data available" which is understandable.... :-)
Regards Steve
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Re: v3043 to v3070

Post by sfws »

tomcatuk wrote: Tue 31 Mar 2020 1:34 pm is there a way to copy the necessary bits, data etc over into the latest version
Yes, copy the entire contents of CumulusMX/data on your old drive into same directory on new drive. Then do same thing with Reports folder.

Normally, one would copy Cumulus.ini as well so the new installation uses same settings, but it sounds as if that is not needed in your case as your newer installation is working as you expect.

Much is explained on Wiki https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Cumulus_MX but that particular point is not there, so I will add it.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

If you do not copy the Cumulus.ini, then you will want to edit it to set the "StartDate=" to whenever you data starts.
tomcatuk
Weather Station: ----> Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10 20H2 19042.685

Post by tomcatuk »

Thanks to all..... :D
weird thing I have nothing in my original Reports folder, but have Jan and Feb noaa reports in this new one and the only other thing I have noticed is I occasionally get a pop up window when on the dash board with "Local Host:8998 says closed..." in fact its just started to do it all the time... and no data appearing just in that window
Regards Steve
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

tomcatuk wrote: Tue 31 Mar 2020 9:37 pm weird thing I have nothing in my original Reports folder, but have Jan and Feb noaa reports in this new one
That leads me to guessing that your new installation, Steve, had defaults for NOAA settings that MX recognises, whilst your old installation lacked those settings or used format not recognised. Again relating to your Cumulus.ini being created in new installation, not copied from old one.
mcrossley wrote: Tue 31 Mar 2020 4:21 pm If you do not copy the Cumulus.ini, then you will want to edit it to set the "StartDate=" to whenever you data starts.
I agree this should be done for presentation reasons, but in Cumulus 1 this setting only affected what was displayed on the records page, it made absolutely no difference to the range of dates that Cumulus 1 processed. Cumulus only processes new readings as far as updating the extremes is concerned, so the 'StartDate' is totally irrelvent.

I don't know, but I would expect MX behaves in same way, your new file viewers, Mark, presumably read all files they can find without checking this setting to see where to start?
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

The start date is only used in two places, on web pages as text to indicate when records start, and the monthly log file editor, which uses it to find the first log file to start reading from.