Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Mac OS and mono routine

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Re: Mac OS and mono routine

Post by mcrossley »

For most people the data *log* files do not have to be touched - *if* the locale settings used for Cumulus 1 are the same as those used for Cumulus MX.

What does have to change are the ini files in the data folder (today.ini etc), those must use dot decimals for Cumulus MX.

You can force Cumulus MX to use a different locale from your current user/system, you add a parameter to the command line, like this...

Code: Select all

CumulusMX.exe -lang en-GB
sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

Post by sfws »

mcrossley wrote: Mon 30 Mar 2020 11:00 am You can force Cumulus MX to use a different locale from your current user/system, you add a parameter to the command line,
I forgot about that MX language parameter when I did my previous answer, thanks Mark for mentioning that. I have added it to Wiki MX page.
geoplr wrote: Mon 30 Mar 2020 7:21 am if want to export my data to excel for example I ll have to convert them backwards...
I don't use Microsoft products like Excel, and I have never tried commas for separating integer and decimal parts of a number, but I think the open source products like Libre Office's Calc do have ability to take options to cope with different formats.

I have to say that as I put Cumulus data into a MySQL database, I can do so much with it there, I have no need to use a spreadsheet.
geoplr
Weather Station: national geographic 265
Operating System: win xp sp3, Mac OS

Post by geoplr »

I’m not familiar with sql server. I’m only an amateur weather observer who is interested mainly for the rain data and occasionally for anything else. I use to analyze rain data to categorize rain density. For example how many times a year, rainfall per 20min was between 30 and 40 mm, or rain per 30min between 40-50 and etc.
I use excel for this and my locale has commas for decimal places.
I need cMX for making NOAA-style reports monthly and yearly, which are very informative for me.

Anyway...
I found that my locale is el-GR and used it at cMX as you suggested me. So now my old data are seen by cMX and new ones are recorded in my preferred format !!!
You have been very helpful and I thank you!
Next task is to connect cMX with WH4000SE for the continuation of my database, which I think can’t be done directly.
GW1000 isn’t a data logger as Lucy from ecowitt confirmed earlier today.
But I think I have to make a new post for that...
zoomx
Weather Station: Froggit GW1000
Operating System: Windows-Linux

Post by zoomx »

@geoplr
Did you tested cumulusMX with the WH4000SE? It is able to recover data logged on the station during backout?

GW1000 is built around an ESP8266, depending on flash size it can log data on flash but the firmware doesn't allow it.