Release 3.15.0 - build 3169 is available for download.
The big change in this release is the support for Ecowitt stations [GW1000 and HTTP (Ecowitt)] to download historic data from ecowitt.net. This means Cumulus can now perform catch-up for any down time for these stations by using the Ecowitt cloud as a data source.
To use this feature there are some pre-requisites and things to note:
- The API used to implement this feature has only just been released by Ecowitt, and it is not clear if it will be subject to any change. I have flagged this feature as "experimental" for now - ie do not complain if Ecowitt change something next week that breaks it!
- Your station must be configured to upload to Ecowitt in the first place.
- You will have to create some access keys on the Ecowitt.net servers (see below)
- Catch-up will only be performed for the main station. If you have Ecowitt sensors configured as "Extra Sensors" to another make of station, the extra sensor data will not be downloaded at start-up
- Currently there is no support from Ecowitt for Soil Temperature data
- The Ecowitt servers provide fixed 5 minute interval archive data
- The data provided by Ecowitt currently appears to miss the last available 5 minute interval of data so you will have a slight gap in your data.
To obtain your API keys (you need two), you will have to log-in to your ecowitt.net user account, in your user profile you will see an option for "API Keys". This allows via a dropdown to create a user API Key, and an Application key. You need to create both of these and copy them for later use.
You will also need the MAC address of your station, you can obtain this from the devices section of the WS View phone app or on the Devices page at ecowitt.net (you have to give your MAC address to register your device).
In Cumulus MX, the station configuration now has a new section - Ecowitt Data Access API - in here you need to paste your two API keys, and the MAC address.
That is it, next time you start Cumulus it will attempt to download catch-up data from ecowitt.net.
The full change log for this release is...
What is new
What is Fixed
- New: Adds experimental support for Ecowitt stations (GW1000 & HTTP) historic catch-up
- New: HTTP (Ecowitt) station: adds support for WS990 battery state decoding
- New: Additional web tag for annual ET total <#AnnualET>
What is changed
- Fix: Prevent real time processing occurring before the first data has been received from the station
- Fix: Davis WLL: Add missing decode of THSW from current data
- Fix: Daily high humidex time being logged as high apparent temp time
- Change: Leaf wetness web tags <#LeafWetness[1-8]> now accept the rc and dp parameters
- Change: Davis WLL: Now fetches temperature data every 10 seconds instead of 60 seconds