Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

New Cumulus MX questions

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

sfws
Weather Station: Chas O, Maplin N96FY, N25FR
Operating System: rPi 3B+ with Buster (full)

New Cumulus MX questions

Post by sfws »

Ok, I no longer have errors relating to $j entries.

Now, it is rejecting just the older days. Is there a limit to how far the recent tags go back when you first run Cumulus MX?

Alternatively, does Cumulus MX reject a recent tag referencing a past time when Cumulus was not running?

Or is there any other possible reason?

By the way, I have documented the steps I took with my MX venture at https://cumuluswiki.org/a/Cumulus_MX#What_I_did.

I like your new weather diary interface, but I do have one question, is it possible to get the information it contains into my MySQL database? (As I have said in many posts over the years I use a different schema for my daily summary table, it does not mirror dayfile.txt, each row contains much more taken from today.ini, month.ini, and log.xml.)EDIT - I resolved this, my end of day script reads the new diary as one of several sources from which it creates a new daily summary row.
Last edited by sfws on Tue 07 Apr 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
water01
Weather Station: Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Windows 10 64bit

Re: New Cumulus MX questions

Post by water01 »

Now, it is rejecting just the older days. Is there a limit to how far the recent tags go back when you first run Cumulus MX?
I assume you moved all your old data over from Cumulus 1, so that would be your limitation only the amount of data you have as far as I am aware.
David
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

And you set the StartDate in Cumulus.ini to when your old data starts?
sfws

Post by sfws »

water01 wrote: Thu 19 Mar 2020 9:18 pm I assume you moved all your old data over from Cumulus 1
Yes, David
mcrossley wrote: Fri 20 Mar 2020 11:20 am And you set the StartDate in Cumulus.ini to when your old data starts?
Mark, I copied over the Cumulus.ini that I was using with Cumulus 1.
sfws wrote: Thu 19 Mar 2020 8:29 pm I have documented the steps I took
Both, the steps include your two thoughts.

After a wait of 4 months, I'm finally getting a plumber coming this afternoon, so taking break from computing.
The weather is dry and settled here for next few days, so I will be in garden when I can, and not being doing any more experimentation with MX. When I do resume, I will see whether the problem is still present.
sfws

Post by sfws »

I'm posting in the thread I had already started, rather than starting a new one in "Cumulus MX current", but it can be moved there.

As a further experiment, I removed my Cumulus.ini and moved all my files in data out to another folder, and then restarted Cumulus MX.

The command screen
Command screen.PNG
as I expected tells me I have not set the station type.
But the Settings screen
Settings.PNG
does not seem to work.

I have attached the file created in MXdiags.

I have not modified anything related to settings from the MX download
file_properties.PNG
as you can see this file has not been modified, nor does it appear that it has been accessed by my experiment above, so perhaps something else is wrong. The "StationOptions.json" file has also not been modified since the download, so I don't think that is the problem. I notice that Mark says he made too many changes to interface files to list, so did this html get changed beyond varying the menu to include the new editors?

HAS ANYONE ELSE USING LATEST 3.4.5 b3069 RELEASE HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH SETTINGS SCREENS? Surely it can't just be me having bad luck?

Not related to above, I have 2 monitors attached to my PC, and when I was running Cumulus 1, its main page stayed on my smaller monitor because it writes its position when you stop Cumulus 1 to Cumulus.ini as <pre>[MainForm]
Left=2170
Top=26</pre>
The command window that opens for Cumulus MX always opens in the middle of my bigger screen, and I have to manually move it to the smaller screen each time. Would it be an easy edit for MX to also use the Main Form section to decide where it should reopen? (obviously when I am happy with MX I will minimise the command window, but for now it is useful to have it open and see whether errors occur.

In terms of the problem in earlier posts with recent history web tags, I have removed my weekly template from processing by Cumulus MX, and that proved no other templates have web tag problems. As soon as got MX to process the weekly template again, the web tag errors returned, I can't see any difference between the <#RecentTS d=5 ... and <#RecentTS d=6 ... tags it rejected and the one with h=24, d=2, d=3 and d=4.

I have now returned to my ex-Cumulus 1 data contents and the Cumulus.ini that I edited from my Cumulus 1 file for all future tests as I cannot get Settings screens to work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcrossley
Weather Station: Davis VP2/WLL
Operating System: Bullseye Lite rPi

Post by mcrossley »

I can not reproduce this. If I delete the Cumulus.ini file, then the normal default station settings screen appears for me.