Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Integration of Homematic IP weatherstation into Cumulus MX

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

willyweather
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Windows 8.1 and Raspbian

Integration of Homematic IP weatherstation into Cumulus MX

Post by willyweather »

Hi there,

now my second Fine Offset WS1080 died, and I am fed up using HW with a working time of max. 3 years.
Therefore I bought myself a new weatherstation (outdoor sensor Homematic HmIP-SWO-PR-pro) which seems to fullfill my requirements.
The central base station of the Homematic system (868MHz) is based on a Raspberry 3 running Linux and on top of it the proprietary Homematic SW (open source code, though).

No I'm looking for a way to:

1. Let Cumulusmx run on the Homematic Base Station (CCU3). This should be possible WITHOUT mono in any way .. I heard that .NET should be avalable under Linux too?
Does this also work for Cumulus MX now ?

2. Get the relevant weather data out of the Homematic system via an internal API and let it process through CumulusMX in the usual way.

Has anybody already done this or thought about it ?
Any hints how to do it in the easiest way ?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

regards, Willyweather
freddie
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 + Ecowitt
Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu 22.04 LXC

Re: Integration of Homematic IP weatherstation into Cumulus MX

Post by freddie »

willyweather wrote: Mon 16 Sep 2019 7:27 pm1. Let Cumulusmx run on the Homematic Base Station (CCU3). This should be possible WITHOUT mono in any way .. I heard that .NET should be avalable under Linux too?
I can't help with the other points, but what I do know is that mono IS .NET for Linux. So to run a .NET application on Linux you will need Mono. See the Mono website for reference.
Freddie
TechnoDribble
Weather Station: Maplin /FO; Ecowitt HP2551
Operating System: Win 10 / Pi

Post by TechnoDribble »

I cant disagree about your comments regarding the WS-1001 and its variants though the newer generation of Fine Offset stations and sensors are considerably better and employing some impressive technology.
See www.ecowitt.com for the commercially available range
willyweather
Weather Station: WH 1080
Operating System: Windows 8.1 and Raspbian

Post by willyweather »

Hi there, thanks for your comments.
@freddie: you are probably right and this was my misunderstanding. What I don‘t like about mono is, that only one specific (older) version has been working together with Cumulus regarding the German locale („Umlaute“) ... it was a real mess until I got my system working again after changing from debbie to jessie (or vice versa ;) ).
Anyway, this problem doesn‘t exist any more since I can‘t use mono or .Net or cumulus on this Homematic system at all. This is what I learned in the last two days.

@technodribble
Yes, probably there is a lot better HW available now, but I have bought this Homematic sensors half a year ago already, since I knew, that my FO station would break sooner or later, which happened last week.

-> unfortunately I will have to go other ways and will probably not be able to use Cumulus in the future 😢

Regards,

Wilfried