Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus standard template not displaying anything from 'Trends' link in the menu

From build 3044 the development baton passed to Mark Crossley. Mark has been responsible for all the Builds since. He has made the code available on GitHub. It is Mark's hope that others will join in this development, but at the very least he welcomes your ideas for future developments (see Cumulus MX Development suggestions).

Moderator: mcrossley

odintheterrible
Weather Station: Brandson 304577 & GW1000
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit

Cumulus standard template not displaying anything from 'Trends' link in the menu

Post by odintheterrible »

Greetings,
For some reason I just decided to click on the 'TRENDS' button in the menu (Cumulus Standard Web Page/Template) ... and where it instructs you to select a sub-category it displays nothing. :( All other options in the menu seem to return a web page but the trends remain steadfastly empty.
Running the latest MX version, so can't figure it out.
Any assistance would be a great help.

Many thanks
"Qui Custodit Ipsos Custodes ? ..."

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Re: Cumulus standard template not displaying anything from 'Trends' link in the menu

Post by PaulMy »

Do you have "Include graph data files" ticked in the Settings - Web/FTP settings?
A URL to the page may also be helpful.

Enjoy,
Paul
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

odintheterrible

Re: Cumulus standard template not displaying anything from 'Trends' link in the menu

Greetings,
Many thanks for the response.
Do you have "Include graph data files" ticked in the Settings - Web/FTP settings?
A URL to the page may also be helpful.
... YES I do.

https://jotados.eu/cumulus/trends.htm

https://jotados.eu/cumulus/index.htm

Duct Tape is like 'The Force' ... it has a 'Light Side' AND a 'Dark Side' and it binds the Universe together !
beteljuice
Weather Station: None !
Operating System: W10 - Threadripper 16core, etc

Post by beteljuice »

https://jotados.eu/cumulus/js/cumuluscharts.js returns your custom 404 (Not Found) page ....
......................Imagine, what you will KNOW tomorrow !
PaulMy
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Plus 24-Hour FARS
Operating System: Windows8 and Windows10

Post by PaulMy »

I'd like to book a t-time, but not on October ;)

Thanks for the link. Looks like your json files are updating https://jotados.eu/cumulus/wdirdata.json

And a compare of the trends viewsource between yours and mine www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/trends.htm seems the same

The only other thing that I can think of is the settings for your Graph hours and Graph days. I have mine at the default 24 hours and 31 days. But your json files are being updated so likely no issue with this.
Sorry that is about all I know and can do. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will have a look.

Enjoy,
Paul

p.s. looks like someone more knowledgeable has looked... mine is here http://www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/ ... scharts.js
so likely gold star for the beteljuice
Davis Vantage Pro2+
C1 www.komokaweather.com/komokaweather-ca
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmx/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www.komokaweather.com/cumulusmxwll/index.htm /index.html /index.php
MX www. komokaweather.com/cumulusmx4/index.htm

odintheterrible

Thanks for the response. However, since last time, I've been delving into the source code for the trensT.htm page in the web folder of the installed MX program.
If you scroll down to lines 139 - 142, you see this:
<script src="lib/jquery/jquery-latest.min.js"></script>
<script src="lib/highstock/js/highstock.js"></script>
<script src="lib/highstock/js/themes/grid.js"></script>
<script src="js/cumuluscharts.js"></script>
... however, if you go back to the MX installation, I can't find any folder labeled 'lib'

So, is there/are there missing files and or a directory (lib) and cumuluscharts.js in the js folder ?????? My programming (json) skills aren't great but it does seem to me that these file paths lead nowhere ... I could be wrong, but it does look a bit suspect.
I've just downloaded a fresh install package and I don't see the directory in this either so ... I think it is worth investigating. However, if I'm barking up the wrong tree ... then I'll accept it with grace LOL

beteljuice

Post by beteljuice »

Yet you have the lib/ files on your website :o

It's just the js/ that is missing ....

If you can't find it, just copy Pauls - there is no site specific information in it, so should be good to go.
odintheterrible

Thanks for the input.
However, I've been doing some digging in the page code, and I'm not convinced that the script locations are correct in the trendsT.htm
When you try to follow the paths in the browser, they don't resolve ... lines 139 > 142
<script src="lib/jquery/jquery-latest.min.js"></script>
<script src="lib/highstock/js/highstock.js"></script>
<script src="lib/highstock/js/themes/grid.js"></script>
Now, by changing the code to:
<script src="/../webfiles/lib/jquery/jquery-latest.min.js"></script>
<script src="/../webfiles/lib/highstock/js/highstock.js"></script>
<script src="/../webfiles/lib/highstock/js/themes/grid.js"></script>
... you can at least resolve the file path in a browser. I've saved the changes and reuploaded the trendsT.htm, so let's see if it actually works ;)

beteljuice

Post by beteljuice »

ATM your server is 'broken', or at least the DNS doesn't seem to resolve ..
the beteljuice wrote:Yet you have the lib/ files on your website :o

It's just the js/ that is missing ....
I said that because I followed the links in the (web) page (and looked at 'network' in browser developer mode).
odintheterrible

Yes, ATM it looks like our hosting platform (ifastnet.com) is down due to a brute force attack so I can't get at anything online or even the ftp :((

odintheterrible

Now that my hosting platform is back online, I've rewritten the code on the trendsT.htm page and made a few changes to the uploads, and it all works fine now :)