Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4018) - 28 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Where does Cumulus store its Data File in Windows XP

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
geoffw
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Where does Cumulus store its Data File in Windows XP

Post by geoffw »

I've decided to use another PC to download and process my data.

Since setting up my station it has been on a vista machine. I know where the data files are that I need to copy over to the Windows XP machine that will in future process and store my data.

Obviously I need to move the Vista data to the new machine BEFORE I first set the USB/Staton link to update the files.

I've installed Cumulus on the XP machine but I can't find any empty data folders expect in the Cumulus folder. Once running where are the files stored on an XP machine?
Geoff
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Where does Cumulus store its Data File in Windows XP

Post by steve »

Those are the ones, in the Cumulus folder - Cumulus always stores them there. But Vista is sneaky and redirects them elsewhere, if Cumulus is in the Program Files hierarchy.
Steve
geoffw
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10

Re: Where does Cumulus store its Data File in Windows XP

Post by geoffw »

Thanks again Steve! - managed to port everything over to the XP desktop without loosing any data.
Geoff