Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4017) - 17 March 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release v1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014 (a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Build 1059

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
beeman
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian

Build 1059

Post by beeman »

Hi Steve,

I've had a couple of Cumulus crashes in the last 3 weeks. Until now Cumulus has been rock solid on 3 different laptops for the last 4/5 years.

I know I'm a few releases behind but I don't usually upgrade unless there is a new feature I want to use.

I've attached diags and bugreport for you to look at.

My laptop is Windows8 with IE10. I did have a Windows Update last week!

Many thanks,
Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Build 1059

Post by steve »

beeman wrote:I know I'm a few releases behind but I don't usually upgrade unless there is a new feature I want to use.
You're using the latest stable version, so that's no problem.

The first crash, on 28th April, is something to do with the confirmation window which Cumulus optionally shows when you close it down. For some reason the window couldn't be shown, the system seems to think that the window was already visible. I've seen this before, but I don't know what causes it. In the 1.9.4 beta I have added code to trap the error so that it shouldn't crash at close down.

The second crash, from yesterday, is a crash in the Windows kernel. It appears to be an 'out of memory' error, but Cumulus itself doesn't seem to be using an excessive amount, so I don't know what caused that. The 'out of memory' error may be spurious, it's always hard to see exactly what happened when the crash is in the Windows kernel; it also seems to be reporting a failure to read from a device.
Steve
beeman
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian

Re: Build 1059

Post by beeman »

Many thanks Steve - great product.