Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Please donate.

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
Sadgit
Weather Station: Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 7

Re: Please donate.

Post by Sadgit »

added a few more ££ to the best bit of software out there :)

Cracking work as always Steve
bigmac
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2 Wireless
Operating System: Raspbian wheezy

Post by bigmac »

Annual donation sent. Love the software and looking forward to trying out the new version whenever it is ready.
honestjohn
Weather Station: Davies Vantage Vue
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Post by honestjohn »

Hi Steve,

Paypal donation sent over this afternoon.

I really appreciate your time and effort in maintaining & supporting Cumulus.

Visitors of http://www.rushden-weather.co.uk are full of admiration of your software.

Kindest regards

John
Maldearc
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro 2
Operating System: Windows 8

Post by Maldearc »

Your software is great, beats the rest hands down. Looking forward to the next update. Donation on the way...
UptonWX
Weather Station: CM2000
Operating System: Win 7 64 bit SP1

Post by UptonWX »

Steve,

Great piece of software. I'd been thinking about a wx station for about a year now on and off. Eventually settled on a CM2000 (WH-1090 rebadge as far as I can tell) a couple of weeks ago with a view to carrying out enhancements to improve accuracy.

Chose your software over and above the competition because:

a. It's British
b. It's slick
c. It does what I want

Anyway donation made as I appreciate how difficult this sort of thing is when you have a full time job too.

Many thanks from Upton WX
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Post by steve »

UptonWX wrote:when you have a full time job too.
Many thanks for the donation. I'll let you into a little secret; I have joined a 'phased' early retirement scheme. I only work four days a week now. From September I will only work three days a week, and in September next year I retire. So I'll be poor but happy, and able to spend even more time on Cumulus! :)
Steve
K8POS
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Pro2
Operating System: Windows 7

Post by K8POS »

I too sent a donation.
Left the software that I had been using for years for cumulus.

Suggestion to Steve,
Make up a badge (graphic) for donating users to post on their sites that state they are a paid contributor or something to that affect.

Bob

PS: your head must be a dangerous place to figure all this stuff out.
nicksnet
Weather Station: davis vantage pro2 inc FARS.
Operating System: windows 10

Post by nicksnet »

Hi Steve,

I agree with K8POS (Bob) having a donation badge for our sights would be a great way to show our appreciation of all your hard work and continued support. I must admit that I did use your software for sometime before donating what I could afford, I only work p/t, so pennies can be limited. I did try Weatherdisplay for a trial time, jeers that software is mental, there's too much going on, it takes forever to setup, poor graphics and above all I could never seem to get it to run properly, it kept crashing for no reason, so of course I gave up on that, saw your software and tried it. Right from day one your software is so easy to use and setup, graphic display and perfect, clear, and all pages are the same with useful help when needed. More importantly, my PC runs happy without ever crashing.

I have since sent a donation to you (some months ago) is there a way of checking that you got the donation, like a registered user map ? and possibly giving a date when the donation was received. This would be convenient to check when to send another donation, unlike payed for software where you get a reminder, donation software is easily forgotton about, and some time (years) can pass before you realize that you never sent another donation 1 year after the first one.

Anyway that's my take on things, I feel good about donating, we help you so you can help us, it's a win win situation.

Nick. DW7240.com
ImageImage
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

I see donating as something between the donor and me. If people want to advertise the fact that they've donated, that's fine with me, but it's not something I'll be organising myself. I already maintain the user map, for anyone with a Cumulus web site, regardless of whether they have donated or not, and I don't want to have to start maintaining another list/map for people who have donated.

I'm sorry if that makes me sound ungrateful, and I'm sorry you didn't get a reply/thanks, but PayPal seems to be fairly reliable; if you sent me a donation, then I received it (particularly if you used the 'donate' button) - thank you very much. You should also have received an acknowledgement from PayPal. I used to send out a 'thank you' for every donation, but so many people replied saying that it was they who were thanking me, and I didn't need to thank them, so I stopped doing it.
Steve
xayide
Weather Station: Fine Offsett WH-3080
Operating System: Server 2012 R2

Post by xayide »

Sent you 20 GBP, hope it got through!
dc1500
Weather Station: Watson W-8681 (Fine Offset type)
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by dc1500 »

steve wrote:
UptonWX wrote:when you have a full time job too.
Many thanks for the donation. I'll let you into a little secret; I have joined a 'phased' early retirement scheme. I only work four days a week now. From September I will only work three days a week, and in September next year I retire. So I'll be poor but happy, and able to spend even more time on Cumulus! :)
You do realise you will be much busier after you retire don't you! People with active brains become very busy when they have the time to do as they please. Tell me about it! Probably due another donation from me I guess. I wonder if the four people whose Cumulus system's I "support" make a donation. They generally do me favours in return and as I am about to ask a question on their behalf I'll make this donation on their's!
Dave C
rogerthn
Weather Station: Ecowitt GW1000/GW1003
Operating System: Raspberry Pi OS bullseye aarch64

Post by rogerthn »

£20, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :P
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Many thanks.
Steve
Ken22
Weather Station: Oregon Scientific WMR968
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

Post by Ken22 »

steve wrote:I see donating as something between the donor and me. If people want to advertise the fact that they've donated, that's fine with me, but it's not something I'll be organising myself. I already maintain the user map, for anyone with a Cumulus web site, regardless of whether they have donated or not, and I don't want to have to start maintaining another list/map for people who have donated.
I can see your point, but I do believe the peer pressure on the forum would increase donations. You would not have to maintain any list or map. Just add an extra field to the user profile that shows to the left of each message "Donor: Yes". Just a one time flag setting when a donation comes in.

I phased out of work over a four year period. It has worked out well for me, I hope it does for you. Good luck with your future lifestyle.

Ken
===