Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Client viewer

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
G6GUH
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

Client viewer

Post by G6GUH »

Hi All, I've just discovered Cumulus after several years of using Weather Display and fine it much easier to read and the web templates are brilliant. Is there an application so that I can display the data on my laptop in another part of the house without connection to the website all of the time ?

Thanks Pete
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Client viewer

Post by steve »

Nothing that connects directly to Cumulus. I tend to look at my web site or use Windows Remote Desktop Connection if I want to look at something in Cumulus itself.
Steve
kc2kzz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian on Pi B+

Post by kc2kzz »

Another option is to run Virtual VP. You can then have the weather station listen on a tcp port and you can setup cumulus on your client computer to connect on your servers's IP/Port.

My Davis is connected to com 1, VVP then redirects the traffic to ports 5511 to 5514. Locally I have Cumulus, wdisplay and vplive all using one of the ports, and the last port I reserved for my remote client.
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

kc2kzz wrote:Another option is to run Virtual VP.
It's not quite the same thing, though, is it? It means your remote client is a completely separate Cumulus installation, with its own set of data, which won't be quite the same data that you would get with another instance of Cumulus that connects for different periods of time. It would be close, though. But it would require Pete to have a Davis station, which he doesn't ;)
Steve
uncle_bob
Weather Station: WeatherDuino Pro2
Operating System: 2008

Post by uncle_bob »

A couple more options to add to the above;
The newly released Web console viewer, see here for details https://cumulus.hosiene.co.uk/viewtopic.p ... it=console

and maybe using vlc video steaming to stream a live view of the Cumulus console box. See vlc documentation on how to achieve this.
Interested in building your own Weather Station? Maybe check out the WeatherDuino Pro Project Here
Conder, Canberra Weather
kc2kzz
Weather Station: Davis Vantage Vue
Operating System: Raspbian on Pi B+

Post by kc2kzz »

Right it does have its own install/data files, however everytime I start it downloads all the recent data from the data logger, so it is pretty up to date, especially if you use it often.

The only disadvantage is if you don't use it every couple of days, it can take a bit to download all the data.
BCJKiwi
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Cabled
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Post by BCJKiwi »

@ Steve,
Do you run Cumulus on a Server OS?
If not, how have you overcome the issue of Remote Desktop kicking off the logged in user on the cumulus PC when connecting from the remote?

Multiple logins are allowed on a server but not a workstation
(I'm sure this discussion already happened on this forum somewhere?!?)

I have been using RealVNC UltraVNC but recently switched to tightVNC (with the dfmirage video thingy). This is very fast and does not lockup (yet) after being connected/disconnected multiple times as did RealVNC UltraVNC.
Last edited by BCJKiwi on Wed 27 Mar 2013 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
G6GUH
Weather Station: Davis VP2 Pro
Operating System: Windows 10

Post by G6GUH »

Thanks everyone, it looks as if I will try to go down the remote access route. I used to use it with an APRS program a few years ago and it was successful.
Regards Pete
steve
Cumulus Author

Post by steve »

Yes, I run it on Windows Home Server 2011, so I don't have that problem (but I only ever have one session logged in anyway). But TightVNC is a good alternative; I use that to connect to Linux systems.
Steve