Welcome to the Cumulus Support forum.

Latest Cumulus MX V3 release 3.28.6 (build 3283) - 21 March 2024

Cumulus MX V4 beta test release 4.0.0 (build 4019) - 03 April 2024

Legacy Cumulus 1 release 1.9.4 (build 1099) - 28 November 2014
(a patch is available for 1.9.4 build 1099 that extends the date range of drop-down menus to 2030)

Download the Software (Cumulus MX / Cumulus 1 and other related items) from the Wiki

Cumulus FTP connections

Discussion and questions about Cumulus weather station software version 1. This section is the main place to get help with Cumulus 1 software developed by Steve Loft that ceased development in November 2014.
thekow
Weather Station: w1080
Operating System: Virtualbox XP environment

Cumulus FTP connections

Post by thekow »

Hi there

I seem to keep getting banned from my host via too many connections : FTP. Just wondering how many simultaneous connections cumulus uses. i am guessing it's only one.
But need to find out why i am getting blocked all the time :)

Thanks
steve
Cumulus Author
Weather Station: None
Operating System: None

Re: Cumulus FTP connections

Post by steve »

It uses one for realtime and one for 'normal' ftp. But note that because of the way FTP works, each connection involves multiple TCP/IP connections. Perhaps your connections are not being closed properly. Cumulus tries quite hard to make sure that connections aren't left open. You could try turning on ftp logging and looking in the ftplog.txt and realtimeftplog.txt files to see what is going on.

Note that Cumulus keeps the realtime ftp connection open unless you tell it to periodically disconnect. Perhaps your host does not like the connection being kept open and disconnects it, and for some reason the connection does not get properly disconnected. This is just conjecture, though.
Steve